The Minority Scholarship is a scholarship scheme started by the central government for increasing the education ratio in minority community students. Under the Ministry of Minority Affairs – MOMA Scholarship Scheme, students from Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Buddhist, Jain and Parsi minority communities can avail the Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship 2023 for vocational and technical courses.
The winners of these National Minority Scholarships receive a scholarship amount of up to Rs. 20,000 per year. The Government of India offers 60,000 scholarships under Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship 2023 for technical or vocational courses at the undergraduate or postgraduate level. All interested and eligible students can apply online for Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship at https://scholarships.gov.in/.
Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship 2023
Under the MOMA scheme, the merit-cum-means scholarship is started for the students wishing to pursue professional or technical courses at the undergraduate or postgraduate level. Scholarship amount up to Rs 20,000 is given to the selected students. Under this National Minority Scholarship, the family income of applicants should not exceed Rs 2.5 lakh. Also, applicants should score at least 50% marks in their last final examination so that they can be eligible for this minority scholarship.
Every Year Central Government Invites Application Forms for Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship for Minority Students in September to November. This Year Last Date is 31 October 2023 and the Application Started from 15 October 2023.
Students selected for these Merit-Cum-Means Scholarships will receive financial support for the entire course in the form of admission, course/tuition fees, and maintenance allowances. A maintenance allowance is given to students for 10 months in an academic year. The details of scholarship amounts are given below:
|Graduation & Post-graduation (Technical & Professional courses)||Course fee||20,000 per year subject to actual whichever is less (both days for scholars and hostels)|
Note – 85 prestigious premier institutes have been listed under Merit-cum-Means Scholarships for vocational and technical courses. Selected students from these institutions are eligible for reimbursement of the full course fee.
- Educational Qualification: Students who have taken admission in technical/vocational courses at the undergraduate or postgraduate level are eligible to apply. Students must not have scored less than 50% in the previous final examination.
- Family Income: The family income of the applicants should not exceed Rs. 2.5 lakhs.
If you are eligible for any of these Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship, you can apply for it online through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). Follow the steps given below to fill the Minority Scholarship Application Form: –
- First of all, you have to register on the portal of NSP.
- Applicants are advised to keep all necessary documents with them while applying for their desired scholarship scheme.
- While filling the registration form, applicants are required to provide information about their educational qualification, Aadhaar number, school/college enrollment number, bank details, and Domicile State.
- Applicants’ application ID is created based on their domicile state. This application ID is also used as a ‘Login ID’ in the NSP portal and future references.
- Candidates are required to select the relevant scholarship category under which they are applying. For example, an applicant studying in classes 1 to 10 must select a pre-matric scholarship scheme while filling in the form.
- Details like the applicant’s name, date of birth, email ID, identity details and mobile number will have to be filled in carefully.
- After filling the registration form, an OTP will be used by which the applicant will have to log in and fill the scholarship application form. Applicants have to upload the required documents and submit the application form.
If you meet all the eligibility criteria, you can apply for the upcoming scholarship scheme through this link https://scholarships.gov.in/.
- Passport size photo of the applicant
- Self Attested Certificate of Marksheet of previous qualification examination/board
- Residential / Domicile Certificate
- Self-certified community certificate
- Aadhaar Card or Aadhaar Enrollment Number
- Bank account statement
- Current Course Year Receipt
merit cum means scholarship 2023 Renewal Procedure-:
There are no eligibility basis criteria for the renewal process. For renewal, the candidate has to fulfill the following conditions: –
- First of all, students have to score 50% marks in the previous examinations in the same institute in the same course.
- After that, the candidate has to produce an income certificate every year to avail benefits of the scholarship.
|Official Website||Available Here|
|Renewal Application||Available Here|
|Student Login||Available Here|
|New Registration||Available Here|
|Helpline Email Id||[email protected]|
Check This Also => PM Scholarship Schemes List 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
Q => Who is eligible to apply for Pre-Matric, Post Matric, and Meritcum Means based Scholarship Schemes?
Answer => Students belonging to notified minority communities viz. Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, Parsi (Zoroastrian) studying in India only and fulfilling the Scheme guidelines are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Q => How can I apply online for a scholarship?
Answer => The Pre-Matric, Post Matric, and Merit cum Means based Scholarship Schemes are online Schemes. In order to apply online please visit the website through URL www.scholarships.gov.inhttp://www.scholarships.gov.in link to the site is also provided on the website of the Ministry of Minority Affairs, i.e. www.minorityaffairs.gov.in. For Fresh, you can apply from the link https://scholarships.gov.in/fresh/newstdRegfrmInstruction and for Renewal you can apply from link https://scholarships.gov.in/renewal/loginPage.action.