NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2023
The NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2023 is planned to enable young scholars to pursue doctoral research in education and other related disciplines. This fellowship is provided by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT). Doctoral Fellows can pursue their work in a recognized university/research institution of their choice. The NCERT encourages original thinking in the conceptualization of the problem and the use of innovative methodology in the conduct of research related to school education. The online applications are available for NCERT Doctoral Fellowship on the official website.
Research Interest Areas – Fellowship will be given for research about the following areas:
- Teacher Educators’ Education
- Education of the Disadvantaged
- Classroom Processes and Practices
- Curricular Areas
- Education for Peace
- Psycho-social Development of Children
- Any Burning Issue in School Education
Last Date: 30th November 2023
Eligibility Criteria for NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2023
- Candidates must have completed Graduation and post-graduation in the related subjects.
- Candidates must have a good academic record with at least 60% marks at both Graduate
and Post Graduate Levels.
- Candidates should not be more than 35 years of age as on the last date of receipt of applications.
- Candidates registered for a Ph.D. degree in a recognized university/ or working toward their Ph.D. registration are eligible to apply NCERT.
- For Doctoral fellowship, applicants must have either completed a pre-doctoral research methodology course or enrolled for such course for an appropriate duration as approved by UGC.
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2023 Benefits
- NCERT Doctoral Fellowship will be awarded to deserving candidates. The fellowship will be awarded for a maximum period of three (3) years from the date of permanent Ph.D. registration and the date of selection in NCERT.
- The fellows will receive a fellowship amount of Rs.23,000/- per month (for NonNET) and Rs.25,000/- per month ( in case of NET qualified candidates)
- The selected fellows will also receive a contingency grant of Rs.10,000/- per annum during this period.
- The fellowship will commence from the date of joining by the candidate after furnishing the documents of permanent Ph.D. registration in NCERT and will close at the end of three years from the date of joining or with the submission of the doctoral thesis whichever is earlier.
- Four out of 10 fellowships are reserved for 4 Regional Institutes of Education (RIEs) one each for Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, and Mysore.
- The monthly fellowship will be credited to the savings bank account of the selected Fellows by NCERT. For this, each Fellow will be required to submit a ‘Certificate of Attendance and Satisfactory Work Performance’ to NCERT every quarter.
- Annual contingency grant of Rs.10,000/- per annum will be credited to the account of the Fellow after receipt and scrutiny of the bills/vouchers submitted by the fellow duly signed and countersigned by the supervisor and Head of the Department.
Application Process for NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2023
- The candidates who are eligible for this fellowship scheme are required to fill the application form in the prescribed format.
- The application form is available on the official web portal of NCERT.
- Completed application forms should be accompanied by a concept paper of about 1500 words on the theme of the proposed research which should contain statements about
- Rationale and objectives of the study
- Conceptual framework
- Proposed methodology
- The potential contribution of the study.
- Attested copies of all the mark sheets or certificates and proof of Ph.D. should also be sent along with the application to the below-mentioned address.
Head Division of Educational Research, Room No.14, 3rd Floor, Zakir Husain Block, National Council of Educational Research and Training, Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi – 110 016
Necessary Documents for NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2023
- Caste certificate of the candidate which shows the caste of the candidate.
- Passport size photograph of the candidate is also required
- Attested copies of Marksheet of 10 and 12th Class
- Attested copy of Mark sheet of Graduation and Post Graduation
- The candidate also requires to submit the attested marksheet of Diploma or other exams.
- Submit the certificate from the university or institute
- BioData of Research supervisor
- Candidates also require to submit the proof of Registration along with application form.
- Concert paper in 1500 words.
You Might Also Like => PM Scholarship Schemes 2023