The candidates have to apply online for Central Sector Scholarship (CSS) for Fresh and Renewal for the academic session 2023. Collegiate Education Department, Govt. of Kerala invites the application for the Central Sector Scholarship for College and university students from talented candidates of low-income groups. The CSS is a national scholarship scheme operated by the Department of Higher Education, Government of India.
DCE Scholarship 2023
This scholarship is provided to the students based on the Higher Secondary Examination (12) results. The quota is allocated to all sections of candidates. The class-wise allocated quota is as follows:
Scheduled Candidates (SC): 15%
Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates – 7.5%
Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates – 27%
Disabled candidates : 3%
50% of Central Sector Scholarships are reserved for girl students and the rest 50% of scholarships has been fixed for male students. The number of scholarships would be distributed between to science, commerce and art students as 3:2:1 ratio.
DCE Scholarship 2023 fresh application last date
- Starting Date of Application for Fresh: July 2023
- Last Date of application for Fresh: October 2023
DCE Central Sector Scholarship Renewal Last dates 2023
- Starting Date of Application for Renewal: July 2023
- Last Date of Application for Renewal: October 2023
Eligibility Criteria for Central Sector Scholarship :
- Those candidates are eligible for CSS who obtained 80% or above marks in the relevant stream for a particular board of examination in the 12th class or equivalent.
- Candidates’ parents/ family income should not be more than Rs. 8 lakh per annum for all categories.
Rate of Central Sector Scholarship :
- The selected candidates of CSS will be provided with a scholarship amount of Rs. 1000/- per month (Rs. 10,000/-) per year at Graduation level for the first three years of college and university courses and Rs. 2000/- per month (Rs. 20,000/-) per year at the Post-graduation level.
- The student pursuing professional courses would get Rs. 2000/- per month in the fourth and fifth years.
- Selected students pursuing technical courses such as B.Tech., B.Engg would get scholarships up to graduation level.
Central Sector Scholarship Kerala Application
- Online applications for Central Sector Scholarship CSS are invited from the eligible candidates.
- The students who are passing out of Class XII of the current academic year 2023-22 and who obtained 80% or above marks in their respective States can apply by visiting the National Scholarship Portal (scholarship.gov.in).
- Offline applications will not be entertained.
- The online applications must be accompanied by the required documents, such as Mark sheet of Class 12, Income Certificate.
Apply Online https://scholarships.gov.in/
Selection Process for DCE Scholarship Kerala :
- All the received applications will be scrutinized and the examination bodies will prepare the merit list of eligible candidates.
- This process of making a merit list will take a maximum of 5 weeks after the result of the examination is announced by the board or universities or authorities.
- For the selection of candidates, the student’s parental income will also be taken into account.
- All the scrutinized candidates from the top of the merit list will be intimated through the registered letter to confirm whether he/she is prepared to accept the scholarship within 15 days.
- The candidates who reply are not received within 30 days to know their willingness will not be considered for the scholarship.
- According to the direction of the Government of India, the candidates who are applying for the scholarship must have their Aadhaar numbers. The students must open their bank account in the nationalized bank which must be connected to their Aadhaar Number.
Official Website: http://www.dcescholarship.kerala.gov.in/
Check Also Kerala Scholarship 2023 List
Contact Details :
The Special Officer Scholarships.
Directorate of Collegiate Education,
6th Floor, Vikas Bhavan,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695033
HelpLine DCE Scholarship: