ICMR JRF | JRF Junior Research Fellowship 2023 | ICMR JRF Fellowship | Apply Online ICMR JRF Fellowship | ICMR JRF Fellowship Last date
JRF Junior Research Fellowship 2023:- The candidates who are interested in applying ICMR JRF Fellowship 2023 are invited to submit their application as the JRF is offered by the ICMR Indian Council of Medical Research in collaboration with PGIMER, Chandigarh. The award of JRF Junior Research Fellowship 2023 to the suitable candidates will depend on their finding placement in a Medical college/Hospital/University/National laboratory/Institution of Higher Learning and Research as relevant. The active value of the fellowship presently is Rs. Thirty One Thousand every month and an annual contingency will be granted up to Rs. Twenty Thousand per annum. The candidates are eligible to submit the application on or before 16th June 2023.
ICMR JRF Fellowship 2023 National Level Examination will be conducted at Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Guwahati, Srinagar (J&K), Varanasi and Mumbai once a year.
ICMR JRF Fellowship
The Junior Research Fellowship JRF is given for the following subjects.
- Life Sciences like- microbiology, physiology, molecular biology, genetics, human biology, bioinformatics, biotechnology, biochemistry, biophysics, immunology, pharmacology, zoology, environmental science, botany, veterinary science, bioinformatics, etc.
- Social Sciences like- psychology, sociology, home science, statistics, anthropology, social work and Health Economics
- Biomedical Science
The candidates must have a Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science or Post Graduate Degree in Professional course.
- The candidate’s age limit for the admission to the eligibility test is 28 years as on 30/09/2023.
- In the case of SC/ST, Physically handicapped and female students, the age relaxation of 5 years will be given and to the OBC candidate.
- The selected candidates will be provided with the Fellowship amount of Rs. 31,000/- per month.
- Contingency will be given to them is Rs. 20,000/- per annum.
The procedure of Selection for ICMR Fellowship
- The Junior Research Fellowship will be given for 2 years of period.
After the completion of two years, the institution shall review the performance of JRF through a relevant Reviewing Committee.
- The Fellow may be awarded a Senior Research Fellowship after a successful review by the reviewing committee.
- The successful candidate will be informed by post and also the notice will be publicized in the Employment newspaper.
- The list is also available at ICMR’s website.
The selected candidate is required to join their respective course on the given date mentioned in their
- admission letter.
How to Apply for ICMR JRF
- The only way to apply for the ICMR JRF 2023 is Online.
- All the eligible candidates can apply online by going to the official website of ICMR.
- Apply Online http://icmr.applyforexam.com/
- Before applying online for ICMR JRF 2023, the applicants interested to apply are advised to go through the guidelines available at the official web portal, ie. www.pgimer.edu.in or www.icmr.nic.in.
Test Duration and Pattern
- The Test will hold 2 hours of duration.
- The paper consists of two sections. Section A, which is of the Aptitude section and will have 50 questions. All the questions in this section are compulsory and each question carries 1 mark.
- Section B (based on Life Science) or Section C (based on Social Science). The candidate can attempt the questions in either of two areas. Each area of sections has 100 questions, from which the candidates should attempt any 75 questions.
- The candidates should indicate the option for Section B or C in the application form.
- The final result will be declared on the basis of aggregate of 55% mark obtained in both sections for General, EWS, and OBC students and 50% for SC/ST and PH students.
Test for ICMR JRF fellowship is conducted at the twelve centers viz. Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Guwahati, Srinagar (J&K), Varanasi and Mumbai once a year.
The Entrance Examination is held on 12th July 2023 (12/07/23).
Number of Awards:
- There is a total of 150 Fellowship would be awarded to suitable candidates. Out of which 120 fellowships would be given for work in the field of biomedical science with an emphasis on Life Science.
- Rest 30 fellowship will be awarded for work prominence on social science.
- Two separate merit lists will be made on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the test, one consisting of the candidates qualifying for life sciences and the IInd for those candidates qualifying for social sciences.
- The candidates selected for the JRF program of ICMR would be permitted to enroll themselves for the Ph.D. program of any University recognized by the UGC/MCI. The validity of fellowship awarded to a candidate will be six months.
- Another 100 candidates would be selected for consideration for positions of JRF under various research schemes of ICMR (on fulfilling the conditions for appointment under the schemes) for the duration of that scheme. These JRFs would also be permitted to complete a Ph.D. while working in the scheme if enrolled. The validity of the result will be two years for placement in ICMR funded projects.
- Candidates qualifying for the award of JRF will receive a fellowship from ICMR.