World Handwriting Contest 2020: AAHC Annual American Handwriting Competition and WHAC World Handwriting Achievement Contest
Participate in the World Handwriting Contest WHC 2015 as the contest is receiving the application or entry which was started from 1st January 2020 and will end on 30th June 2020.
The person who receives the first prize 3 times in the WHC World Handwriting Contest will be known as Lifetime winner. In the last year, the World Handwriting Contest had received 1000 entries from throughout the world.
The books which are recommended to the participant for the preparation are:
- Improve Your Handwriting – Teach Yourself
- Cursive Handwriting Practice Workbook for Teens
- 1 Important Dates of World Handwriting Contest 2020
- 2 Eligibility Criteria of World Handwriting Contest 2020:
- 3 The reward of the World Handwriting Contest 2020:
- 4 How to Apply for World Handwriting Contest 2020:
- 5 Procedure for Selection for World Handwriting Contest 2020
Important Dates of World Handwriting Contest 2020
- Start Date of Application: 1 January 2020 (1/02/2020)
- Ending Date of Application: 30 June 2020 (30/06/2020)
- World Handwriting Competition Result: August 2020
Eligibility Criteria of World Handwriting Contest 2020:
There are some categories for participating in WHC 2020.
- Children – Age 7 years and below
- Pre Teens – Age 8 years to 12 years
- Teens – Age 13 years to 19 years
- Adults – Ages 20 years to 64 years
- Seniors – Age 65 years to more
The reward of the World Handwriting Contest 2020:
- World Handwriting Contest will award the 1st and 2nd prizes in each of the categories and subcategories.
- The judges will decide the category and subcategory of the submitted entries.
- The winner of World Handwriting Contest 2019 will be announced in December 2020.
- 2020 Sponsor: Frank Smith- a sign smith and calligrapher from Albany, NY (New York) will be given calligraphic certificates to each of the winners.
- Thiruvengadam Madanagopal: a Calligrapher from India and former Lifetime winner of the WHC gives one writing instrument, ie. a high-quality pen to the winner of WHC.
- Mr. Ashok Batra, a former Lifetime Winner of the World Handwriting Contest, from India, donate one writing instrument, a high-quality pen of his choosing to the winners of WHC.
How to Apply for World Handwriting Contest 2020:
- To submit the entry, the participant has to submit it through the post.
- No Online submission of entry is available.
- One applicant can send only one entry.
- In case the applicant submits more than one entry, then the writers will be disqualified from the contest.
- There are two handwriting styles are available by which using the participant can submit their entry.
Functional Handwriting and Artistic Handwriting
- The candidate should have to select the quote according to the age group.
- The participant who is below 8 years doesn’t need to write the whole quote. They have to write the first two sentences of the quote.
- Underage 12 Years participant should have to write first of the two copy quotes.
- Participants age 8 or more must have written the entire quote.
- Participants age 13 or more should have to write the second copy quote.
- The participant can use the lined or unlined paper of 81/2 x 11 inches or A4 size sheet.
- The participant can use Ball pent, fountain pen, fiber tip marker or calligraphy pen or brush.
- The participant can only use black ink and white or light-colored paper without any printed pictures.
- The participants have to write some information in English on the backside of the entry, like full name, address, age as on 1st July 2020, Phone number, email address.
- Advice for participants: Do not use a separate paper for this information and also do not write information on the front of the entry to avoid disqualification.
Procedure for Selection for World Handwriting Contest 2020
The selection of the candidates for World Handwriting Contest 2020 is based on some points which are mentioned below:
~1~ Clarity: The selection of the applicant also depends on how easily the handwriting can be read.
~2~ Fluency: the smoothness, grace, and flow of writing will also be noted by the selection committee.
~3~ Competency–The following points will be noted
- choice of layout and margin
- spacing between letters, words, and lines
- consistency of letter size and forms
- accuracy of the quote
- neatness and general appearance;
~4~In each age group, the judges will arrange the submissions into 2 categories of handwriting and the are:
Functional Handwriting – It is the handwriting that attempts for legibility, speed, and ease without aiming at artistic effect. For this category, the judges will further separate entries as cursive or manuscript (printing).
Artistic Handwriting – In this handwriting, the applicant uses calligraphy marker, pen, or brush along with attractive strokes, trappings, or a mixture of shading and hairlines to make an artistic effect in the handwriting.
Contact Details for More Help
India Address – Indian participant should send their entry to below-given address-
- Office Address – World Handwriting ContestHealthy Handwriting, Mohan Ray, #2327, Sector-22C,
Chandigarh, India 160022
- Contact Number – Mohan Ray: 0172 5067977 / 09915755177 , 09815017977
- E-Mail – [email protected]
Nepal Address – Nepal participants should send their entry to the below-given address-
- Office Address – World Handwriting Contest, Deependra Ratna SHAKYA, Nepalese Council, P.O.BOX 19792, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Mobile Number – 9801068344
China Address – Chinese participant should send their entry to the below-given address-
- Office Address – Noa GUO, General Manager, Beijing Strong Feeling Youth Intl. Room No. 4-4-1016,
Dahezhuangyuan Number 3 Suzhoujie, Haidian District, Beijing, CHINA 100080
- Contact Number – 0086 10 6287 3793
- Mobile Number – 0086 13501128095
- E-Mail – [email protected]
All the other countries participants should send their entries to below-mentioned address-
World Handwriting Contest- Kate Gladstone, Contest director, 6-B Weis Road, Albany, NY 12208-1942, USA
Contact Number : +1 518 482 6763, (718) 482-6763
E-mail: [email protected]