For the students who are studying in West Bengal and scholarship search, we have brought great news. West Bengal Government has invited online applications for a scholarship for Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Caste students. Through this article, we are providing you complete information about all scholarship schemes implemented by the Government of West Bengal. Through this article, you can know how you can apply online for the West Bengal Pre-Matric Scholarship 2020 and West Bengal Post-Matric Scholarship 2020 started by the state government.
In this article, we will provide you complete information about what documents you need for West Bengal scholarship, what is the last date of application, and how to submit the online application form. You can see the whole process through this article of ours. If you face any problem in applying, you can get help from us, for which you just have to ask us your question in the comment box below. Our team will assist you immediately.
- 1 West Bengal OASIS Scholarship 2020
- 1.1 West Bengal Scholarship 2020 Category
- 1.2 Eligibility for WB OASIS Scholarship
- 1.3 West Bengal OASIS Scholarship 2020 Amount
- 2 OASIS Application for West Bengal Scholarship 2020
West Bengal OASIS Scholarship 2020
The Social Welfare Department implements various scholarship schemes under the West Bengal OASIS across the state. The Department of Social Justice and Empowerment provides all these scholarships for students’ online application through the official website of OASIS. Students of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes can start applying online from this month from May. These scholarships are issued every year by the state government so that all sections of the society get the right to equal education.
The main objectives of the West Bengal Pre-Metric Scholarship 2020 and the West Bengal Post-Metric Scholarship 2020 are to provide financial assistance to children from low-income groups and poor families. With this financial help, those children can complete their primary education and higher education.
As we know that in many places our countries still cannot provide primary and higher education to their children belonging to families belonging to backward castes due to financial constraints. Such children bear the responsibility of maintaining the family at an early age. In view of this problem, the West Bengal government has started this scholarship scheme so that children can complete their education without putting the financial burden on their parents.
Under West Bengal Scholarship 2020, only those students whose family income is less than Rs 2 lakh per annum from all sources means they fall under the below poverty line category. Only students who meet the income eligibility conditions can submit an online application for this scheme through OASIS West Bengal Scholarship Portal. It is suggested to all the students that we read this article till the end and only then submit the online application. Here below we are presenting a summary of this scheme.
- Name of Department – Social Justice and Empowerment Department / Backward Castes Social Welfare Department West Bengal.
- Scholarship Name – West Bengal Pre-Matric Scholarship 2020 and West Bengal Post-Matric Scholarship 2020
- State Government – West Bengal State Government
- Class / Caste Students – Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes
- Application Start Date – June 2020 (every year)
- Last date of Application – September 2020 (every year)
- Official Website of Department – www.wbchse.nic.in and www.oasis.gov.in
West Bengal Scholarship 2020 Category
The scholarships have been divided into three parts by the Government of West Bengal. For these three parts, you can see the table below.
- Pre-Matric Scholarship – For Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe Students.
- Post-Metric Scholarship – For SC / ST students.
- Post-Matric Scholarship – For Other Backward Caste Students.
Eligibility for WB OASIS Scholarship
Interested and eligible students can submit online applications for these scholarships only after fulfilling the eligibility conditions set by the West Bengal Backward Classes Welfare Department. The following are the eligibility rules for Pre / Post Metric Scholarship West Bengal 2020 application.
- Under this scheme, only one student from a family can apply for online scholarship.
- The applicant who has secured at least 50% marks in the previous/final class will be eligible for this scheme only.
- The annual income of the applying student’s family should not exceed Rs 2 lakh (from all sources).
- Under this scheme, 30% of the scholarships are reserved for girls. If the reserved seats under the scheme are not filled in full, the remaining scholarships will be given to the boys.
- Students have to go to a regular school/college only then they can apply under this scheme.
Pre Metric Scholarship
- Only students studying in class 9 or 10 under pre-matric scholarship will be eligible to apply.
- To participate in the scheme, a student must have an SC / ST certificate.
SC / ST Post Matric Scholarship
- Application for post-matric scholarship can be made only after passing 10th standard.
- Only students who are studying in any government or government-funded educational institute can apply under this scheme.
OBC Post Matric Scholarship
- The scheme can be applied only after passing the 10th standard.
- Only students who are studying in a government or government-funded educational institution can apply under the scheme.
- The student must also submit the OBC certificate along with the application form.
West Bengal OASIS Scholarship 2020 Amount
Students who wish to apply for WBCHS or OASIS Scholarship in West Bengal will be provided monthly / yearly financial assistance by the State Government. Under this scheme, students will get a scholarship amount at the following rates.
SC / ST Pre-Matric Scholarship
- For day scholars – Rs 150 per month (for 10 months) and Rs 750 per month Adhoc grant
- For hostels – Rs 750 per month (for 10 months) and Rs 1000 per month Adhoc grant
SC / ST Post-Matric Scholarship
- For general courses up to undergraduate classes – Rs 750 per month for hostels and Rs 300 per month for day scholars
- B. Pharma / B.Sc Nursing / LLB / Hotel Management / Post Graduation – Rs 820 per month for hostels and Rs 335 per month for day scholars
- Medical / B.Sc Engineering / M.Phil / Ph.D / LLM – Rs.1200 per month for hostels and Rs.550 per month for day scholars.
- Class 11 & 12 / Intermediate / ITI / Polytechnic Courses – Rs 750 per month for hostels and Rs 230 per day for scholars
OBC Post-Matric Scholarship
- For general courses up to undergraduate classes – Rs 400 per month for hostels and Rs 210 per month for day scholars
- B. Pharma / B.Sc Nursing / LLB / Hotel Management / Post Graduation – Rs 510 per month for hostels and Rs 335 per month for day scholars
- Medical / B.Sc Engineering / M.Phil / PhD / LLM – Rs 750 per month for hostels and Rs 350 per month for day scholars
- Class 11 and 12 / Intermediate / ITI / Polytechnic Courses – Rs 260 per month for hostels and Rs 160 per day for scholars
OASIS Application for West Bengal Scholarship 2020
If you have read and understood the complete information provided above, then you can submit your application online for West Bengal Pre-Matric Scholarship 2020 and West Bengal Post-Matric Scholarship. To apply online in West Bengal Scholarship 2020 online you have to follow the following steps.
- First of all, you have to visit the official scholarship website of West Bengal, WBCHSE or OASIS. We have provided below links to both websites.
- By visiting the official website, you must first select the “Student Registration” option. See the picture below.
- Now you will see a new page where you have to select the name of your district.
- After selecting your district name, you will see a new page. This is the registration letter. You will have to fill in the student’s name, father’s name, type of caste certificate, caste certificate number and captcha code.
- After filling all the information above you have to click on the “Submit” button. After the registration is complete, you will see a further processing page.
- You have to fill all the information on the next page. After submitting the registration form online, you will get a login ID and password.
- After that, you will have to come back to the home page of the OASIS website and click on the “Registered Student Login” option.
- After login, you will see your profile and scholarship list. You have to select the scholarship according to your eligibility and fill the application form in full.
- After filling the application form, you will also have to upload the documents online. Do not forget to take your receipt after the whole process. Using this receipt, you can check the status of your scholarship application in the future.
- You can track the scholarship application from the link given below. You have to first select the name of your district on the link page below and then check the application status through your application number.
It is suggested to all the students that before applying, they should read all the scholarship rules and then apply online. After filling and submitting the application form, do not forget to take a printout of it. It is necessary to carefully upload all the documents online otherwise your application form will be rejected. If you are facing any problem in applying, then you can also call the helpline number given below and report your problem to the departmental officer.
OASIS Helpline Number = +91-84 20 02 3311
For more information and assistance, please visit the official website of OASIS or ask us your question in the comment box below.
You Might Also Like => OASIS Scholarship Status Check Online West Bengal