- 1 UGC Post Graduate Merit Scholarship 2020-21for University Rank Holders
- 2 Subjects for UGC Post Graduate Merit Scholarship
- 3 Last Date: 31st January 2020
- 4 How to Apply
UGC Post Graduate Merit Scholarship 2020-21for University Rank Holders
University Grants Commission (UGC) invites the online application by the young and brilliant students in the field of Post Graduate education by funding them in the form of scholarship. Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2020-21 is introduced to give to the suitable and eligible candidates. This scholarship is provided by UGC in association with the Ministry of Human Resource and Development to the First and Second Rank Holders in the University to continue their graduate studies.
University Grants Commission giving various scholarships to the eligible candidates for education under various scholarship schemes but this is one the scholarship promoting higher education is Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2019-20. The UGC, therefore, introduced a Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship Scheme for University undergraduate rank holders.
The purpose of this scheme is to attract talent for pursuing post-graduate studies besides strengthening the basic subjects at the Undergraduate level. The awardees, under this scheme, can pursue their Postgraduate programme in any area of specialization in any institution of higher learning in the country.
This scholarship is provided to those candidates who wish to go for post-graduation studies in non-professional courses and have studies any of the below-mentioned subjects.
Subjects for UGC Post Graduate Merit Scholarship
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Social Sciences
Last Date: 31st January 2020
Eligibility for PG Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders
- The interested candidate must get First and Second Rank at University level in UG Undergraduate courses with scoring 60% or more marks.
- The candidate must have taken admission in a regular non-professional postgraduate course.
- One of the eligibility condition is that the student must have studied under an affiliated university where at least 100 students have appeared in the UG examination. OR
- The candidate must have studied under a deemed/ private university/autonomous/non-affiliated college where at least 25 students have appeared in the exam.
- The candidate’s age must not be more than 30 years at the time of admission in PG course
- Those candidates are not eligible who are practising Degree Course through distant learning or open university.
The reward/Benefits UGC PG University Rank Holders
- There are total 3000 scholarship is available for the disbursement.
- The scholarship amount of Rs. 3100/- per month will be granted for the full duration of a PG course
- In one academic year, the scholarship will be given for 10 (ten) months, which means, 20 months in 2 years.
- The amount of scholarship will be transferred to the student’s bank account through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
How to Apply
- The interested candidates are required to apply for the scholarship application form through online by going to the web portal of UGC.
- The candidates should register for Online apply
- Fill the personal information, contact information and ranked achieved by the candidates in Under graduation exam.
- Here the candidates should also upload their scanned rank certificate.
- The candidate is also required to upload the scanned UG course mark sheet and joining report of Post graduation course.
- After filling all the columns in the online application form, the candidates can edit the form if any error occurs and need to take a print out of online filled in the application form.
- The candidates are not required to submit the hard copy of the application form only the online application form is accepted.
Supportive documents which needed to be uploaded
- Provisional Rank Certificate: The candidates should upload the certificate issued in the prescribed format by the Institution from where the candidate has secured Rank at Graduate level.
- Graduation Mark Sheet: Must upload the scanned copy of Undergraduate Mark Sheet issued by the University.
- Joining Report: The candidate should also upload the Report in the prescribed format by the Institute where the scholar is practising Post Graduation course.
- Aadhaar Card: The student must upload the Aadhaar card or enrollment.
Selection procedure of PG Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders
- The selection of the candidates must be made on the basis of Merit
- The scholarship will be distributed to the candidate through the institution from where he/she taken admission for PG studies.
Address: University Grants Commission (UGC) Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi-110 002 India
Official Website: www.ugc.ac.in
Read Also: [NFSC] UGC National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste Students