Teach For India Fellowship 2020
Applications are invited for Teach for India Fellowship 2020 program which is running in seven cities- Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Ahmedabad & Bengaluru is a two years fellowship program which gives an opportunity to young people to develop leadership qualities and concurrently convert the lives of the children under their care. Teach for India Fellows will be placed in low-income schools in the selected cities and will be assigned to teach class 2-10 students where they teach all major subjects — including English, Mathematics, Social studies and Science.
The selected fellows will get all the necessary support to perform their function properly, such as 5 weeks of residential training to equip them with the necessary skills and a mentor to guide them throughout the program.
- All the Graduates & Professionals of different fields are invited to apply for Teach for India Fellowship.
- Students having UG Degree from a recognized college/ university by the last week of May 2020, can apply for the Teach For India Fellowship 2020.
- The applicant may be a college student, working youth, experienced professionals, and entrepreneurs.
- A student may become from any college campuses and companies, from urban and rural India and from outside of India.
- Teach for India Fellowship are open for Indian Nationals OR Indian Origin peoples.
- Any age group candidates can apply for the fellowship.
- Applicants must be very good or fluent in English as they will be placed in English Medium Schools and have to teach and attend training sessions conducted in English.
- The applicant must be a critical thinker and problem solver.
Teach For India Fellowship 2020 Award Money
- The selected candidates for the fellowship will get a Salary of Rs. 20,412 per month.
- House Allowance will be given to the candidates in case they are placed in cities other than their hometown, and the House Allowance must be from Rs. 5,300 to 10,000 depending on the city.
- Allowance for School Supplies will be also given.
Other Benefits :
- The Program will help the fellow in developing leadership qualities and they will be imparted with the knowledge to manage people and resources.
- Fellows will develop organizing capabilities, communication, and problem-solving skills in an unstructured environment, and these skills & qualities will help them throughout their careers.
- To apply for Teach for India Fellowship the candidate should have gone for Online Application.
- For reference, students can visit Teach for India website, watching short videos on the website, speaking with staff, Fellows, or Alumni or reading-related articles.
- In the case of Indian Origin candidates residing outside the geographical limits of India have to get the OCI card. To know more about the details of the OCI card, candidates can go to the Ministry of Home Affairs.
How to Apply -Steps
First of all the candidates should have to create an account and Login and enter the following details as asked in the form
Register Here https://apply.teachforindia.org/
- Enter Personal details & contact details
- Professional Details & Work Details
- Education Details
- Personal Hobbies & Interests
Submit the Essay:
- An essay has to be submitted along with the Application Form and it should be of the highest quality.
- Applicants are not required to pay any application fee to apply for Teach for India Fellowship. One applicant can submit only one application for the fellowship.
There is a multi-stage process for the selection of candidates for Teach for India Fellowship 2020
- Online Test: Assessment of English Language and Logical Reasoning ability
- Review of academic achievements: Academic achievements, professional experience (if any), other interests, experiences, and essay submitted with the application form will be reviewed.
- Telephonic Interview (This is not applicable to all): After reviewing the online application, some candidates can directly be called to the Assessment Centre for full-day evaluation but for the candidates for whom enough information is not available to make a decision, they will be having a round of telephonic Interview before proceeding to the next stage.
- Evaluation at the Assessment Centre: Shortlisted candidates after qualifying online test and based on the review procedure will be called to the Assessment Centre in which a group discussion, a sample teaching activity, a written critical thinking test will be held which is followed by an individual interview
- Academic, Employment, and Reference Checks: After the final selection, all the academic and employment details provided by the candidates will be checked.
Contact Details :
Teach For India
Godrej One, Second Floor,
Pirojshanagar, Eastern Express Highway
Mumbai – 400079 India
Telephone : +91 22 25194283, 25194284
Official Website: https://www.teachforindia.org/
frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Q => Will Teach For India be offering support during Selection and Matriculation?
A => We have a dedicated team to support you in your Assessment Center, Matriculation, and address any concerns you have over any other aspect of the Fellowship. As we, and you, are operating remotely, a lot of our support during this time will be virtual (e.g. video conferencing, phone calls, and emails). Where we would normally meet you in person – for example at Assessment Centres and Matriculation events – we are set up to offer similar experiences in different ways (e.g. webinars, 1:1 virtual interactions, and phone calls).
- Q => Will Institute be canceled? If not, should I book my tickets?
A => No, we do not plan to cancel Institute. But, instead of the two that we usually have, we will only have 1 Institute this year. We are looking at bringing to you the first-ever virtual Institute. While this will be similar to the in-person, full-time Institute experience, we are exploring means of blended learning as well.
We also recommend that Fellows are within their placement cities by July 6th. Arriving within placement cities, by that date, will allow you multiple benefits. On the one hand, you’ll be able to access in-person meetings – if state guidelines permit – with your Program Managers and Regional Teams. You’ll also get the opportunity to interact, via small groups screened for safety and socially distanced, with your peers. On the other hand, you’ll be in close proximity to the students you’ll be teaching.
Read Also: All India Scholarship Test Exam 2020 AISTE