Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program 2020 for Indian Students
Another great opportunity for students is to get scholarships. The applications are invited by the University of Sydney for the Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program 2020 from the Indian students. Those students who wish to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate degrees are eligible to apply for. Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program. Under this scholarship program, an amount of about Rs. 25 lakh (Twenty Five) will be given for a particular period. 10 scholarships will be awarded to first-year undergraduate and postgraduate students. Under this, about 10 lakh rupees will be received by the selected scholars. 15 scholarships will be around Rs 15 lakh, which will be given to first-year undergraduate and postgraduate students.
|Scholarship Type||Merit-Based, College-Specific|
|Organization||University of Sydney|
|No. of Scholarships||N/A|
|International Students Eligible||Yes|
|Scholarship Website Link||Click Here|
The objective of this scholarship is to help Indian students and strengthen the university’s relationship with India. A total of 28 students will be awarded scholarships.
Under the Sydney Scholars India Scholarship program, a total of 28 scholarships are awarded annually to the Indian students. Three scholarship awards are given based on a ranking against selection criteria within three different categories.
For these 28 scholarships, the following table summarizes the benefits given under various categories:
|No. of Scholarships||Value per scholarship||Level of Study||Scholarship duration|
|3||34,304 USD||undergraduate degree||Up to 4 years|
|10||13,722 USD||undergraduate and postgraduate||First-year|
|15||6,861 USD||undergraduate and postgraduate||First-year|
- Any citizen currently living in India
- Not a permanent resident of Australia.
- Have applied for an undergraduate or postgraduate course at Sydney University but the course has not started yet.
- A total of 28 scholarships will be awarded.
- 3 scholarships will be awarded for four years. It can be received by an undergraduate student. Under this, about 25 lakh rupees will be received every year.
- 10 scholarships will be awarded to first-year undergraduate and postgraduate students. About 10 lakh rupees will be received under this.
- 15 scholarships will be around Rs 15 lakh, which will be given to first-year undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The table below provides all the significant details regarding the Sydney scholars India Scholarship 2020.
|Eligible Candidates||Indian Students who will pursue UG/PG at the University of Sydney|
|Number of Scholarship||Not available|
|Study-Length||Vary (Upto 4 years for UG course and 1or 2 years for Masters)|
|Scholarship Award||Up to 50,000 USD|
How to Apply
- Candidates can apply for the Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program from this link sydney.edu.au of the website.
- The application has not started yet, so the link to the application is not activated yet.
- After the application starts, the link will be activated on the website on which one can apply.
- The applicant must have secured admission at the University of Sydney before applying for Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program 2020.
- After obtaining the admission letter from the university, the student is able to apply for the scholarship program.
- While applying for an online application for the scholarship, the student must have submitted some supporting documents.
Online Application https://sydneyuniversity.formstack.com/forms/ssisp
Supportive Documents :
- Certified copies of the latest educational qualifications,
- An updated CV
- Proof of identity such as passport,
- National Identity card
- Student visa
- Proof of residence
An applicant should fulfill the given eligibility criteria, for the Sydney scholars India Scholarships:
- Nationality: hold Indian citizenship and be a current resident of India.
- Proof of Residency has to be provided.
- Must have applied for UG or PG coursework at the University of Sydney.
- Commencement of coursework should be in the same year and semester as the scholarship application.
Note: Applicant commencing a second degree at the University of Sydney is eligible to apply. However, he/she must not have previously held The Sydney Scholars India Scholarship.