RIMC Scholarship 2022 Admission Test
The applications are invited from boys for admission to Class 8 in the Rashtriya Indian Military College RIMC from the Rashtriya Indian Military College Dehradun, Uttarakhand for July 2021 and January 2022 term. RIMC is an Inter-Services Institution and ‘A’ Category inter-services institution. This college was established in 1922 with the primary aim of preparing the boys for entry into Defence Services and to give quality education to young boys all around their studies. The registration for RIMC Dehradun Admission for the session January 2022 has started for the candidates.
UPDATE => Last date to apply for RIMC Entrance Exam 2022 has been extended till August 15, 2022, and the entrance exam which was scheduled on June 01 – 02, 2022 stands postponed.
RIMC Admission 2022 Application Form submission date has been extended.
One-time waiver notice has been published for Education/ Domicile certificate for the RIMC Entrance exam in June 2022. Scroll down to check the notice.
|Last Date to apply for application||March 31, 2022 (Now increased)|
|RIMC Admission Test||1st and 2nd June 2022|
|Result Declaration||September 2022|
|Interview||6th October 2022|
|Admission Session||January 2022|
|Last Date of Admission||30th January 2022|
Eligibility Criteria for RIMC Dehradun Admission
Candidates appearing for the above test should not be less than 11 ½ years in age but should not have attained the age of 13 years as on 01 Jan 2022,
The candidate should have been born not earlier than 02 Jan 2008 and not later than 01 Jun 2009.
Educational Qualifications :
Candidates should either be studying in Class 7 or passed Class 7 from any recognized school at the time of admission to the RIMC.
RIMC Dehradun Scholarship Award Benefits
- The students who perform extremely well in the admission examination will be granted with the scholarships by the various State governments.
- The amount of scholarships varies from state to state and the amount will be between Rs. 12,000- to Rs. 60,000/- per annum.
- Continuation of Scholarship once granted by the state is subject to merit, income, and discipline of the cadet and his performance throughout the year.
Admission Fee for RIMC Dehradun
- The selected candidates have to pay Rs. 62,400/- per year.
- The fees can be increased from time to time.
- At the time of entry a Security Deposit of Rs. 20,000/- is to be made. This is refunded when the boy passes out.
The application process for RIMC Dehradun
- The Applications Forms –cum-prospectus form and booklet of old question papers can be obtained from the given address ie. -The Rashtriya Indian Military College, Garhi Cantt, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, Pin- 248003
- You can receive these through speed post by forwarding self-addressed slip and an account payee bank demand draft of Rs. 600/- for General Candidates Rs. 555/- for SC/ST candidates along with cast certificate.
- The candidate should be made the demand draft in favor of “THE COMMANDANT RIMC DEHRADUN”, BRANCH, STATE BANK OF INDIA, TEL BHAVAN, DEHRADUN, (BANK CODE-01576), UTTARAKHAND.
- The address should be Typed or Written clearly in Capital Letters with pin code and contact number.
- Applications in duplicate on prescribed form accompanied by documents to be attached with the application form should reach the respective State Governments (as specified in the press note) of which their parents/guardians are domiciles of by 31 March 2022.
- The application forms must be sent to the State Governments and not to the Rashtriya Indian Military College, Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
Documents required :
- Two passport size photographs,
- Domicile Certificate of the candidate,
- Birth Certificate issued by Municipal Corporation / Gram Panchayat,
- SC/ ST Certificate from the principal of the School in original with the photograph on it attested stating the date of birth and in which Class studying.
Written Examination:- The written part of the examination consists of three subjects i.e
- English (125 Marks),
- Mathematics (200 Marks), and
- General Knowledge (75 marks).
- Maths and General knowledge papers may be answered either in Hindi or in English.
- To qualify, a candidate must obtain a minimum of 50 % marks in each subject.
Viva Voce:- The oral examination consists of a Viva Voce test of 50 marks, which is designed to assess a candidate’s intelligence, personality, and confidence.
The minimum passing marks will be 50%.
Medical Examination:– All the candidates qualified after the interview will undergo a medical examination at selected Military Hospital and only those candidates found medically fit will be considered for selection and admission to the RIMC.
Medical Examination of the candidates forms only a part of the system of selection and does not guarantee the final selection.
Official Website: www.rimc.gov.in
Read Also: MHRD NMMS 2022-21 EWS National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship