Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC/ST 2020-21:- UGC University Grants commission invites the online application for RGNF for SC/ST for the year 2020-21 from the candidates who are belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST). The fellowship is funded by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment. This year total of 2667 (2000 for SC and 667 for ST) most suitable candidates will be eligible to gain the fellowship under RGNF for SC/ST candidates.
The SC/ST candidates who have passed their post-graduation and are still unemployed are eligible to apply for RGNF. Through this fellowship, they can continue their full time higher studies. If you are in need and are eligible can make an online application for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship which is given for the following subjects.
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship Subject Areas :
|Social Sciences||Engineering & technology|
Last Date: To be announced soon
Eligibility Criteria for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF) for SC/ST 2020-21:
- The candidates must be a citizen of India
- He/she must belong to SC or ST community for applying for Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship for SC/ST.
- The candidates should have cleared their post-graduate exams and they must get themselves registered for M. Phil or Ph. D within 2 years of receipt of the award letter.
RGNF for SC/ST 2020-21 Benefits:
- Fellowship in Humanities, Social Sciences, Sciences, Engineering & Technology :
@Rs.16000/-p.m. for initial two years
@Rs.18000/-p.m. for remaining tenure
- Contingency Allowance for Humanities & Social Sciences:
@Rs.10000/-p.a. for initial two years
@Rs.20500/-p.a. for remaining tenure
- Contingency Allowance for Science, Engineering & Technology :
@Rs.12000/-p.a. for initial two years
@Rs.25000/-p.a. for remaining tenure
- Escorts/Reader assistance for all disciplines :
@ Rs. 2000/- p.m. in cases of physically handicapped & blind candidates
- Medical Allowance:
The candidates can avail of the medical facilities available at the university or institution.
- Leaves :
A maximum of 30 days leave will be given to the fellows which exclude the public holidays.
- House Rent Allowance :
The selected candidates will be given with single-seated hostel accommodation in the university/institution. In case of their own arrangement, they can claim the amount by producing required certificates.
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF) for SC/ST 2020-21 Application Process :
- To apply for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC/ST candidates, you need to visit the website and get themselves registered online.
- First of all the applicants needs to enter the details related to State, Caste, Physical status, personal details, and contact details.
- Enter your academic qualifications and research information.
Documents to be uploaded :
The applicants are required to upload the below-mentioned documents at the time of filling the online application form.
- Mark Sheet
- Institution Certificate
RGNF for SC/ST 2020-21 Selection Criteria :
- The selection of candidates for the fellowship will be done on the basis of the merit list made of all the received applications and as per the procedure of the UGC.
- In case the student selected for the fellowship, the joining report, duly signed by the supervisor or Head of Department is to be sent to UGC through the Registrar/Director or Principal for the release of grants.