R D Sethna Loan Scholarship 2020-21:- Students who have passed the Secondary School Exam with at least 50% marks, can apply for R D Sethna Scholarship for Studies in India and Overseas 2020-21. With this scholarship, the students regardless of caste and community can get an opportunity to study Scientific, commercial, industrial or technical subjects in educational institutions in India and abroad. This scholarship is actually like a loan, which is to be returned later. For this, the applicant will have to give the necessary documents and a guarantor will be required. The last date for submitting applications for study abroad is May 31, 2020, and for Indian studies on August 31, 2020.
- 1 Eligibility Criteria for R D Sethna loan for study
- 2 R D Sethna Scholarship Benefits
- 3 Application Process
- 4 Necessary Documents of R D Sethna Loan Scholarship 2020
Last Date for Indian Studies: 31/08/2020
Last Date for Study Abroad: 31/05/2020
Eligibility Criteria for R D Sethna loan for study
- Students applying for this loan scholarship should be an Indian citizen.
- Candidate must have a secondary school certificate with at least 50 percent or more marks.
- A Guarantor is also required for an applicant applying for a loan with a monthly income of Rs. Ten Thousand (10,000) (for students applying for study in India ) and Rs. Fifteen Thousand (15,000) (for students applying for overseas education) and guarantor must be a male person and permanent resident of Mumbai.
- The applicant has to give a recommendation letter of any two acquaintances resident of his Mumbai resident.
R D Sethna Scholarship Benefits
- The selected candidates will be provided with the loan scholarship which can be used to pursue his/her studies overseas or within India.
- The loan amount will be paid to the students in installments on the basis of looking at the condition of a candidate.
- The applications must be made in the prescribed format, which can be obtained by sending a request from the trust office.
- The applicant must also tell that he/she wants a form for study loan in India or study abroad and for this, they have to send self-addressed Rs. 10 stamped envelope of size 23 cmx10 cm.
- Application forms for RD Sethna Scholarship Fund will be sent to the students by post only after payment of Rs. 50/- in the form of DD or Postal Order in favor of the RD Sethna Scholarship Fund.
Necessary Documents of R D Sethna Loan Scholarship 2020
- Certified copies of the Mark sheets of marks secured by the applicant at each examination of Secondary School Certificate examination or other equivalent examination.
- A copy of the letter of admission to the college, Institution or University at which the applicant intends to undertake studies.
- In the case of applicants who have secured admission to USA Universities or Institutions must enclose a copy of the Form I-20.
- For studies in India, the applicant must produce the receipt of the admission fees paid to the College or Institution.
- Salary certificate or copy of the income-tax assessment order of the parents and the person proposed as guarantor.
- Copies of testimonials/letters of recommendations given to the applicant.
- A passport size photograph duly certified as the applicant’s photograph by an S.E.M. or Gazetted Officer or head of any recognized College or Institution in which the applicant has studied or is studying.
- Students proposing studies in India must submit proof of the recognition granted to the College or the Institute by the Govt. of India.
All the necessary documents which are required with the application form must be certified by S.E.M. or Gazetted Officer or Head of any recognized college/institutions in which the applicant is studying or studies.
For Details, Contact:-
For Details, Contact:-
R. D. Sethna Scholarship Fund
Mr. Farrokh M. Rustomji-CEO
29 Hazarimal Somani Marg,
Fort, Mumbai-400 001
Telephone : +91 22 2207 7044
Email: [email protected]
frequently asked questions(FAQs)
1 => WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY AND RECEIVE LOAN SCHOLARSHIPS?
Ans. => Indian students of all communities, residing in India. The applicant should have completed school level studies and have secured admission to the desired recognized Institute for pursuing higher studies.
2 => CAN A STUDENT STAYING OUT OF MUMBAI APPLY FOR A LOAN SCHOLARSHIP?
Ans => Yes, but the guarantor should be a resident of Mumbai.
3 => CAN A STUDENT WHO IS ALREADY ADMITTED IN A FOREIGN UNIVERSITY AND PURSUING STUDIES THERE BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE LOAN SCHOLARSHIPS?
Ans => No, as there are several formalities to be completed once a loan scholarship has been granted by the Trustees.
4 => HOW CAN I PROCURE AN APPLICATION FORM?
Ans => Online Application is available on https://rdsethnascholarships.org
Printed Application Forms can also be obtained from the Trust office at Esplanade House, 29, Hazarimal Somani Marg, Fort, Mumbai-400 001. Tel: 22077044 on payment of Rs.50/- either in cash or by Postal Order. Candidates requesting for Forms by post must send a self-addressed Rs.10/- stamped envelope of size: 23 cm x 10 cm.
Official Website: www.rdsethnascholarships.org
Read Also: CGI-AF Joint Postgraduate Scholarship 2020 Program