Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme 2023:- Online Registration for the Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) for the students of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh are open for the year 2023. All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) provides scholarships to the students who are having domicile of J&K state and those who have passed class 12th exam in the academic year 2023-24/2018-19 from J&K Board or CBSE affiliated schools located in J&K. The scholarship will be given to pursue undergraduate studies in Medical, Engineering, and General Degree courses. All the details related to PMSSS Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme 2023
Last Date: 31st July 2023
Eligibility Criteria PMSSS Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme 2023:
- Students having domicile of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh.
- The student must have passed 10+2 examination in the academic year 2023-24 or 2018-19 from J&K Board or CBSE located in J&K and Ladakh.
- The students must be willing to study outside the State of J&K and Ladakh.
- The student’s family income should be Rs. 8.00 Lakh or less per annum.
- Lateral Entry : (Diploma) Must have passed 10+3 Diploma from UTs of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh Polytechnics eligible for admission in the direct second year in the prescribed list of colleges on the vacant seats of Engg category for batch 2023-24.
Not Eligible :
- The students who have not applied online through the registration portal of AICTE.
- The students who have studied through Open Universities.
- Those who are benefitting from other scholarship schemes.
- Those who are admitted through ‘Management Quota’.
- The students who are studying in Diploma Courses are not eligible.
- Those who are studying in Post Graduate Courses are not entitled.
- The candidates whose family income is above Rs. 8 Lakh per annum.
- The candidate who admitted to institutions other than identified under the scheme is not eligible to apply for the AICTE J&K Scholarship.
Amount – PMSSS Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme 2023:
The selected candidates will be given the following benefits. The amount of scholarship is shown below.
Academic Fees :
The academic fee related to education like tuition fee, development fee, library fee, internet fee, training fee, university fee, examination fee, etc. approved by State Fee Regulatory Committee except for refundable deposits. This will be paid to the institutes directly.
- For General Degree: Upto Rs. 30,000 per annum – 2070 scholarships
- For Engineering Degree: Up to Rs. 1.25 lakhs per annum – 2830 scholarships
- For Medical/BDS: Up to Rs. 3.00 lakhs per annum – 100 scholarships
Paid to students in two equal installments of Rs. 50,000/- each for a hostel, mess charges, buying books, and stationery.
Application Process- Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme 2023
- The interested eligible candidates can apply for the AICTE J&K Scholarship by registering themselves on the AICTE portal.
- Once the candidates registered for online application, they will be provided with the username and password.
- Then the students will have to upload the following documents.
- Now submit the application form and upload the documents.
- Take a print out of the completed filled in application form. This application number is required at the time of verification of documents at the facilitation center.
- Applicants will have to visit the nearest Facilitation Centre to get his / her uploaded documents verified with originals once the online application process is complete.
- The verification slip should be signed and stamped by the nodal office of the facilitation center.
Click here to register.
Required Documents :
|Domicile certificate,||Certificate of Disability||Scanned photo and signature|
|Family Income certificate,||Caste certificate||Aadhar Card (if any)|
|Class 10th & 12th Mark sheet||Diploma certificate (for lateral entry)|
Selection Criteria- Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme 2023 :
- The selection of students will be based on the Merit and as per the procedure fixed for the AICTE J&K Scholarship.
- The scholarship will be distributed to those candidates only who have taken admission in the 2023 academic session only.
- The scholarship amount will be transferred through DBT only after joining the institute and uploading the joining report with the other documents on the AICTE portal.
Contact Details :
Address: All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
Nelson Mandela Marg,
New Delhi – 110067
Phone: 011-29581007, 9410144030