Post Matric Scholarship Karnataka (PMS) 2021 for Minority Student: Ministry of Minority Affairs, Govt. of India and Government of Karnataka invites the application from the minority community students for Post Matric Scholarship 2021. The Minority communities are Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis, and Jain, notified by the Government. The students from Class 11 to Ph. D can apply for the Post matric Scholarship application form.
The post-matric scholarship will be awarded to minority students who are meritorious but belong to the weaker section of the society to give them better opportunities for higher studies.
- Class XI (1st PUC),
- Class XII (2nd PUC),
- Vocational Courses – I.T.I/I.T.c.,
- JOC Polytechnic Diploma, Paramedical Diploma, D.Ed, D.Pharma, GNM,
- Graduation – B.A, B.Com, B.Sc, B.B.M, B.C.A, BSW, B.Ed, B.P.Ed, B.LibSc, BTA, etc.,
- Post Graduation – M.A, M.Sc, M.Com, MSW, M.Ed, M.PEd, MTA, PG Diploma, etc., M.Phil, Ph.D., BA ( LLB)
Last Date to Apply for Pot Matric Scholarship Karnataka: October 2021
Eligibility Criteria for PMS
- The student must be the residents of Karnataka state.
- The applicant who is desirous to apply for the said scholarship should score 50% marks or more in the last final examination and also in the qualifying examination.
- To be eligible, the student’s parent’s annual income should not more than Rs. Two lacs (2,00,000/-) from all sources.
- Post Matric scholarship will be awarded to the students studying in Classes XI and XII including technical and vocational courses of this level including Polytechnics, ITIs, and other courses
- This is also required that the applicant must not have backlogs in any of the last years’ studies.
- The candidates who are doing an internship are not entitled to apply for the post-matric scholarship.
- Those candidates are not eligible for the scholarship scheme who practicing education through correspondence and short term courses or training.
- Applicant from other communities except the above-mentioned minorities is not eligible to apply.
- The other state candidate is also not eligible to apply in a post-matric scholarship in Karnataka.
- The students who are the domicile of Karnataka state but studying in the other states are also eligible to apply for Post Matric Scholarship in Karnataka.
How to Apply for PMS
The eligible candidates for Post matric scholarship can apply for online application. Offline applications will not be entertained.
- The candidate needs to go to the web portal at momascholarship.gov.in and need to click on Post Matric Scholarship
- Then go to the link Student Registration and should click on it.
- You must follow all the steps and must complete the online filling application form process by entering the correct details.
- After that click on the ‘Save’ button and Verify all the details you have entered.
- After ensuring all the entered details correct, click on the Finalize & Submit box.
- Then click on Preview/Print Report. Here you can see the seven pages of filled in the application.
- Then you require to download the filled-in Online application (7 pages) and save it on your desktop.
- After downloading all the pages of filled in the application, you need to go to your college/institution and get the details on Page 5 of the hard copy of the application physically by the Head of the Institution.
- Send the hard copy of the application form along with necessary documents to the District Officer Minorities / District Officer Backward Classes & Minorities of your district personally /by post/by courier.
- You must write on the top of the envelope ‘Application for Post Matric Scholarship 2021
Necessary Documents for PMS
List of necessary documents which should be attached with Hard Copy of Online Application of Post Matric Scholarship in Karnataka are listed below :
- Attested Photocopy of Mark sheet of Qualifying Examination
- Attested Photocopy of last Semesters Marks sheet or ONLINE Result Print Out.
- Attested Photocopy of Income Certificate issued by the Tahsildar or Original income Affidavit in a non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.20/-.
- Self-Declaration of Minority Community Certificate by the Student (format available on the website) In case of the community not mentioned in Income Certificate.
- Attested Photocopy of the Fee acknowledgment issued by the college for the current year.
- Paste one passport size fresh colored photograph on the 1st page of the application.
- Photocopy of the first page of Bank Pass Book showing the account no., IFSC code, bank name, branch address, etc.,
- For students whose permanent address is located in Dharwad, Mysore And Tumkur Districts, additional – photocopy of Aadhar Card/ Acknowledgement Of Eid needed to be attached with the hard copy of application form.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply
The sanctioned candidates of Post Matric Scholarship Fresh/ Renewal in the year 2018-19 are eligible to apply for Renewal for the academic session 2021.
- The student should have scored more than 50% marks in the earlier semesters examination to be eligible for renewal.
- The student should not have backlogs in any of the previous years of their studies.
- For the renewal of the Post Matric Scholarship, the annual income of the students’ Parents/ Guardians from all sources should not go beyond Rs. 2,00,000/-.
- You can get your Permanent ID of 2018-19 by visiting the official website
How to Apply for Renewal
- You must go to the website and click on the Login button and Select Renewal 2018-19.
- To log in, students need to use last year’s NSP application ID and last and password.
- The student’s Home page will be open up.
- And click in the Pre-Filled Information button & check your previous year details.
- Click on Apply for Renewal and enter the required details.
- Fill all the columns of the application form and click on Save.
- If you are confident that all details filled are correct then click on Freeze & Print Report. Take a print on Clicking print Button for further reference and as an Acknowledgement.
Rate of Scholarship
- Financial Assistance would be given to the candidates for the admission and Tuition fee of Course which will directly transfer to the college/school or institution bank accounts.
- The Maintenance Allowance would be given to the students for 10 months and will be directly transferred to the students’ bank account.
- The details of Financial assistance under the Moma Post Matric Scholarship are given below-
Admission and Tuition fee for Class XI and Class XII-
- For Hosteller: Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.7,000 p.a.
- For Day Scholar: Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.7,000 p.a.
Admission and Tuition fee for Technical and Vocational courses of Class 11 and 12 level –
- For Hosteller: Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.10,000 p.a.
- For Day Scholar: Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.10,000 p.a.
Admission and Tuition fee for Graduate, Post Graduate courses–
- For Hosteller: Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.3,000 p.a.
- For Day Scholar: Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.3,000 p.a.
Maintenance allowance for 10 months only in an academic year-
- For Hosteller of Class 11 & 12 & Technical & profession courses: Rs. 380/- per month
- For Day Scholar of Class 11 & 12 & Technical & profession courses: Rs. 230/- per month
- For Hosteller for courses other than Technical & profession courses at UG and PG level: Rs. 570/- per month
- For Day Scholar for courses other than Technical & profession courses at UG and PG level: Rs. 300/- per month
Maintenance allowance for 10 months for M. Phil and Ph. D-
- For Hosteller: Rs. 1200/- per month
- For Day Scholar: Rs. 550/- per month
Directorate of Minorities, 20th & 21st Floor, V V Towers(Main), Dr. B R Ambedkar Veedhi, Bangalore – 560001
Check This Also -: Child Rights Research Fellowship 2021 Cry Grants Upto Rs 1 Lakh