Students who are physically and mentally handicapped (Divyang/Viklang/PWD) and want to get financial support for their education, are being provided by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India. You can get financial assistance by applying for the “Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2023-24 “. The objective of this scholarship is to help differently-abled students to earn their livelihood and become self-reliant, to make them a prestigious place in society by helping them in education. In this scholarship, 50 percent of seats are reserved for female students.
Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
Online applications have been invited from students with disabilities for the academic session 2021 for the Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2023-24. This scholarship will be awarded under the guidelines issued by the Department of Disability Empowerment. Eligible and interested candidates can submit the online application form for scholarship https://www. scholarships.gov.in.
Last Date to Apply – 15/November/2023
scholarship for physically handicapped students
According to the notification issued by the Department of Disability Empowerment, the conditions and eligibility have been fixed for this Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities. According to which this scholarship is permissible only for Indian students studying in Post-Matric classes. The students having disabilities of less than 40 percent will not be eligible under this scheme. No more than 02 differently-abled children of a parent will be covered by this scheme, the scholarship will be payable for one academic year only.
If the student fails in the class then he will not be given a scholarship for the same class again. Students who are getting scholarship or stipend from any other source will not be given this facility. Funded by the Central Government or the State Government, students who are receiving training coaching in any such pre-examination training center will be not provided the benefits under this scheme.
- PWD (Person with a disability) students should be studying full time in any government or central government recognized schools. This scholarship will not be payable for training related courses in the post-matric top class.
- Only candidates who have passed the high school examination from a recognized board and school will be eligible to apply. Students of Masters Degree, Diploma Certificate will also be covered by this scheme.
- If the students are doing the second level of graduation after the first graduation, then they will not be covered by this scheme.
- Students who are doing more than one course will be given the benefit of the scheme in any one course. Students studying through correspondence or distance education will also be eligible for this scheme.
- The maximum annual income from all sources of parents of disabled students for the post-matric scholarship is Rs 2.50 lakh.
- The eligibility of the scholarship will be detailed as per the restrictions mentioned in the relevant guidelines of the Government of India. Detailed guidelines are available on the website of the Department of Disability Empowerment or the National Scholarship Portal.
For more information about who can apply for this Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2023-24, go to scholarships.gov.in this website and click on the option of “Department of Disability Empowerment” under the Central Scheme. After that, you will see the guidelines and FAQs in front of the option “Post Metric Scholarship Scheme 2023-24 for Disabled Students”, read them well, you will get complete information.
Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Apply online
Follow the steps given below to know how to apply for the scholarship under the Post-Matric Disability Scholarship Scheme.
- First of all visit https://scholarships.gov.in/ on this website. Then click on “Central Schemes” there.
- Then click on this option of “Department of Empowerment of Person with Disabilities”.
- Now you will see 3 schemes, Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme, Post Matric Scholarship Scheme, and Top Class Education Scholarship Scheme. Now, look at the scheme under which you want to get a scholarship from all three, and click on the option to apply.
- After that, a new page will open, in which the “New Student-Register Here” option is given you have to click on that. Now the guideline of the Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme will come in front of you, read it well so that you can get the best information about this scheme.
- Then click on “Continue” to proceed. Now a form will come in front of you, the information that has been asked in it is to be filled. After that, the information entered is to be checked once, as to whether the information entered by you is correct or not.
- After that, all the conditions have to be accepted and filled in the captcha code and click on the “Register” button given below. Now your registration will be done, “Students applicant ID” will be visible on your computer screen, keep it with you.
- Now you have to click on the “Continue” button, after that, you will be asked to log in, there you have to enter “Students Applique ID” and type the students’ DOB in the password as well as enter the Captcha code in the Captcha box, then the log Have to do it.
- Now an OTP will come on your registered mobile number, enter it in the OTP box and then click on Confirm OTP button.
- After that a new page will open, in that you have to change your password, you can put any password of your choice in it, after that you have to click on the Submit button. Then a new page will open again, in that you have to click on the “Apply” button, now a form will open on your computer screen, in it, you have to fill all the required information after checking it.
- Now after that, you have to click on “Save & Continue”. Now after that, the necessary contact details have to be filled and finally click on the Final Submit button.
Now the form you had filled on your computer screen will appear complete, now you have to print it. After that upload some documents as income certificate, residence certificate, Aadhar card copy, a passport size photo and copy of last year’s marksheet and submit it to your school-college, the final work is now done.
In this way, you can apply online for “Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2023-24” very easily. After a few days, you can also check the status of your application, for this, you have to log into the website and go to “Check Your Application Status”. On this, you will get all the information about the status of your application.
Check This Also => NPS Scholarship Scheme 2020