Post Matric Minority Scholarship 2022 Complete Details -: Ministry of Minority Affairs has offered the Post-Matric Minority Scholarship Scheme 2022-23. Under this scheme, the Central Govert will provide financial assistance to the meritorious students of poor minority communities for pursuing higher education. Interested and eligible minority candidates can fill the online application form for the Post-Matric Minority Scholarship Scheme 2022 through the official website at https://scholarships.gov.in/.
This financial aid amount is given in the form of Admission fees, Tuition fees and Maintenance allowance to the students for Class 11th, 12th, Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) Courses. Only 2 students of a family can avail of the benefits of this scheme. The main objective of this scheme is to increase the rate of higher education, increase employability and provide better employment opportunities by providing scholarships to the students of Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) of the minority community.
The Post-Matric Minority Scholarship Scheme 2022 will be implemented under the Prime Minister’s New 15 Point Programme included in the list of minority welfare schemes. The students of minority communities’ can fill the application form every year from the last date to apply online for the Post-Matric Minority Scholarship is September to October (Every Year).
Last Date to Apply for PMS Minority Students – 31/10/2022
Note – We will update here the dates regularly.
Any eligible student of minority community studying in school/college/institute for Class 11th, 12th, Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) Courses can apply for Post Matric Minorities Scholarship Scheme: –
- Applicants must have secured at least 50% marks or equivalent marks in their last final examination.
- The applicant should belong to the minority community.
- The annual income of the applicant’s family should not exceed Rs 2 lakh per year from all sources.
Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Buddhist, Jain, and Parsi communities have been notified as minority communities. Besides, a 30% scholarship will be earmarked for girl students.
Under the Post-Matric Minority Scholarship Scheme 2022-23, the government will provide a scholarship for the entire course period. While maintenance allowance will be given for 10 months only in the academic year. The scholarship rate is as follows: –
|Amount Paid For||Hostellers||Day Scholars|
|Admission and Tuition fee for class 11th and 12th||Rs 7,000 / year||Rs 7,000 / year|
|Admission and Tuition fees for technical and professional courses of class 11th and 12th||Rs 10,000 / year||Rs 10,000 / year|
|Admission and Tuition fees for undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) courses||Rs 3,000 / year||Rs 3,000 / year|
|Maintenance Allowance for technical and professional courses of class 11th and 12th||Rs 380 / month||Rs 230 / month|
|Maintenance Allowance for technical and vocational courses at undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) levels||Rs 570 / month||Rs 300 / month|
|Maintenance Allowance for M.Phil and Ph.D. courses||Rs 1,200 / month||Rs 550 / month|
- First, the applicant will have to visit the National Scholarship Portal at https://scholarships.gov.in/.
- On the homepage, go to the “Central Schemes” section and click on the “Ministry of Minority Affairs” subsection there. After this, click on the “Apply” link in front of the “Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities”.
- Then after, you will have a login page for Post-Matric Minority Scholarship 2022-23.
- Afterward, “New Student?” click on the “Register Here” link, after which you will get the Post Matric Scholarship Scheme Registration Guidelines, read it carefully and open the Registration Form by clicking on the “Continue” button.
- Fill the required details, then click on the “Register” button to get the User Name & ID on your registered mobile number.
- Candidates can “Log-in” using the details sent to the mobile number. After this, the candidate has to verify the OTP, change the password and then click on the “Apply” link on the dashboard to fill the online application form for the Post Matric Scholarship Scheme 2022-23.
Fill all the details and click on the “Save & Continue” button to complete the online application process for the Post-Matric Minority Scholarship Scheme 2022-23 (Post-Matric Minority Scholarship Scheme).
Through this scheme, the government wants to improve the socio-economic conditions and Minorities Empowerment by imparting higher education to the minority youth.
Check This Also => PM Scholarship Schemes List 2022-23