PMSS 2021 Himachal Pradesh: Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme For the academic year 2021, Online applications are invited by the Sainik Welfare Department SWD, Himachal Pradesh for Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme PMSS. The applicants can apply online through the KSB web portal, ie. www.ksb.gov.in. The scholarships are provided to encourage higher technical and professional education to all the former servicemen, dependent wards, ex coast guard personnel, and their widows, etc. who fulfill all the eligibility conditions mentioned below. A total of 5500 students will be selected equally for boys & girls ( 2750 each).
PMSS (Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme) HP
First Professional Degree Courses like BE, B-Tech, BDS, MBBS, B.Ed, BBA, BCA, B.Pharma etc duly recognized by the respective Government Regulatory bodies, ie. AICTE, Medical Council of India, UGC.
Master Degree courses are not eligible except MBA / Management / MCA Courses.
- Only those candidates are eligible to apply for PMSS 2021, who have taken admission in 2021.
- Students must have secured 60% or above marks in Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) i.e. 12th Class, Diploma or Graduation.
- Those students are eligible who are dependent wards/ widows of Ex-servicemen and Ex-Coast Guard personnel who were killed or disabled in action and disability attributable to military service OR Coast Guard service, died OR disabled in service due to causes attributable to military service and in receipt of Gallantry Awards.
- The Dependent wards of Ex-Servicemen / Ex Coast Guard personnel and their widows in all other cases (below rank of officer) are eligible for PMSS.
- Students studying in IInd or subsequent year are not eligible for scholarship ( except for integrated courses).
- Students studying abroad are not eligible for this scheme.
- No Distance Learning Courses permitted under PMSS.
Amount of PMSS
- Rs. 2500/- (Twenty Five Hundred) per month for boys
- Rs 3000/- (Three Thousand) per month for girls
- The first payment will be paid immediately after the selection of candidates.
- For subsequent payment of scholarship, the candidates should submit an online Payment cum Renewal Form along with Bonafide certificate duly signed by Vice-Chancellor/Principal/ Vice-Principal/Dean/Associate Dean/Registrar/Deputy Registrar/Director/Deputy Director of the Institution or College.
- For subsequent payments, 50% marks are mandatory in each semester/academic year and passing of all subjects in each semester/year in the first attempt is necessary.
How to Apply
- The interested eligible candidates can fill Online Application form for PMSS by going to the KSB website. (Apply Online)
- Only Online applications will be accepted. A hard copy or paper application for the scholarship will not be accepted.
- One candidate can apply for one course only.
- In case of an incomplete application or wrongly filled application, the application will be rejected.
All the below mentioned documents should be in Original and students must upload the scanned copies of the same.
- Ex-servicemen/ Ex Coast Guard Certificate which should be signed by ZSB /Coast Guard Head Quarter as per the prescribed format. A scanned copy of the Original shall be uploaded.
- Upload the Bonafide Certificate duly correctly filled up and signed by Vice-Chancellor or Principal or Vice-Principal or Dean or Associate Dean or Registrar or Deputy Registrar or Director or Deputy Director or Institute or College as per prescribed format.
- Student bank account certificate stating that his/her bank account is linked with Aadhaar as per the prescribed format.
- Date of Birth certificate – for this submit matriculation certificate.
- Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) certificate as applicable (12th mark sheet/ graduation / Diploma).
- Students must upload duly printed first page of bank passbook showing his/her name and Bank Account No. and IFSC code (preferably PNB or SBI)
- The shortlist of applications for PMSS shall be based on the category of Ex-servicemen or Ex Coast Guard.
- The shortlist of applications will also be based on the percentage of marks obtained in MEQ.
- Merit list of selected students will be uploaded on the KSB website www.ksb.gov.in.
Check This Also –: Pradhan Mantri Chatravriti Yojana For Professional Courses