PG Scholarship 2021 For SC/ST Students-: The University Grants Commission also has known with its short name UGC published a notification for the PG Scholarship with the name of “Postgraduate Scholarships for Professional Courses For SC/ST Candidates 2021-22” scheme on their official website https://www.ugc.ac.in/. The eligible and interested candidates can submit their online application form through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP 2.0) for this PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST Scheme under the University Grants Commission (UGC). This scheme is only introduced for scheduled caste and scheduled tribes students who are currently pursuing any type of professional course at the PG (Post Graduation) level.
PG Scholarship 2021 for SC/ST Students
The main objective of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to those SC/ST deprived students who are not able to afford their postgraduate level higher education in professional sectors. Through this scheme, they will get the funds so that they can complete their higher studies. If you are also looking for the information related to the Post Graduate Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2021 then you are on the right website. Here we will provide you the complete information for PG Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST.
About PG Scholarship-:
This PG Scholarships Scheme is started after keeping the view of SC/ST students’ social background from the deprived section. of society. This scheme will help and allow them to complete their Post-graduation level education for the professional sector such as management, engineering, technology, pharmacy, etc.
Under this PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST, the University Grants Commission (UGC) will provide financial help to 1,000 students. The scholarship is provided to scheduled caste and scheduled tribe students every academic year so that they can complete the Post-graduate level higher studies in professional subjects without any money problem.
UGC PG Scholarship Dates-:
If you are interested to apply for the Post-graduate Scholarships for Professional Courses For SC/ST Candidates 2021 scheme then you must have to submit the online application form before below-mentioned dates:
- Last Date to Apply Online => 31-10-2021
- Defect Verification End Date => 15-11-2021
- Institute Verification End Date =>15-11-2021
Eligibility to Apply-:
The students who are pursuing higher education under the professional courses must have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria to obtain the benefits. Also, only the following colleges/institutions/universities are included under the PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2021:
- Under the UGC Act section 2(F) and 12(B) covered collages. institutions or universities are eligible to provide the scheme.
- The universities which are covered under the UGC Act, 1956 Section 3 will be provided the grants-in-aid from the University Grants Commission (UGC) which will be provided by the state or central govt.
- The institutes which are covered under the notification of the central government for National Importance are eligible to receive the grants.
- The students of studying in those courses which are approved through the regulatory council such as the Dental Council of India (DCI), Medical Council of India (MCI), Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), NCTE, Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI), Bar Council of India (BCI), INC, Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), and Forensic Regulatory & Development Authority of India are eligible to get the financial assistance.
Please Note This -: Under the “Non-Professional Courses”, M.Sc., M.A., MSW, M.Com and Mass Communication & Journalism Degrees are covered. The students who are doing their Post-graduation in professional courses under the Distance Education System or Correspondence are not eligible.
- The University Grants Commission (UGC) will provide financial help to the students of higher education (professional courses only) for 2/3 years which will depend on the PG course duration.
- The students of M.Tech or ME (Mechanical Engineer) will be able to receive the amount of Rs 7,800 per month (seven thousand eight hundred rupees monthly) under the PG Scholarships (duration of course). The candidates applying for this scheme and doing any other PG course will be provided Rs 4,500 per month (four thousand five hundred rupees monthly).
- The candidates will receive the scholarship amount just after joining the post-graduation course 1st year from the after selection year.
- The college/university/institute will have to follow the proper rules and regulations under the UGC guidelines for the verification of candidates regarding the professional courses.
Scholarship Online Application-:
- The online application form for the Postgraduate Scholarships for Professional Courses For SC/ST Candidates 2021 is available through the official website of UGC and the NSP 2.0 portal.
- The eligible candidates will have to visit the NSP portal and have to complete their registration. After the complete registration, they will be able to fill the PG Scholarship 2021 application form online.
- The application process for the PG Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2021 is also available through the University Grant Commission’s official website where the candidates will have to register themselves.
- The advertisement for this PG Scholarship is published through employment newspapers, UGC official website, NSP official portal, and leading newspapers every year by the UGC department.
- The candidates will have to complete the verification process of the host college/university/institute to be part of this PG Scholarship Scheme. If any candidate fails in verification, in that case, his/her online registration form will be rejected.
If you need more information or help visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) in the below link or submit your comment in the below section.