ONGC Scholarship 2022-23 for Meritorious SC/ST Students:-The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), one of the country’s premier companies, provides scholarships to poor students, especially talented youngsters from SC-ST society. ONGC selects the youth for the scholarship from across the country.
ONGC Scholarship 2022
A total of 500 talented youth are selected annually by dividing the country states into five zones. Out of 500 scholarships of ONGC, 247 scholarships are awarded for Engineering Students, 45 for MBBS, 73 for MBA and 135 for Masters in Geology or Geophysics. The ONGC Scholarship to Meritorious SC / ST Student 2022-23 scheme is encouraging first-year students of graduate engineering or MBBS courses and master’s degree programs in MBA, Geology, or Geophysics. At the same time, a 50 percent reservation in this scholarship has been kept for female students.
Last Date: October (Every Year & This Year 15th Oct)
ONGC Scholarship Eligibility
For graduation level students:
- Indian students who are first-year students of engineering or MBBS graduation and have passed the 12th examination with 60% marks.
For post-graduation students:
- Candidate must be a student of Geology / Geophysics or MBA at Post Graduate level and have scored at least 60% marks in graduation.
Other criteria are as follows –
- To get the benefit of scholarship every year during studies, the candidate will be required to get a CGPA / OGPA grade of 50 percent marks in each year/semester or 5 marks on a scale of 10.
- Candidate must have obtained a full-time regular degree from a recognized institution, not availing any other scholarship.
- The student’s age should not be more than 30 years as on 1st October 2019.
- The student’s family annual income should not be more than Rs 4.5 lakh.
ONGC Scholarship Awards
- Rs. 48,000 (Forty-Eight Thousand) per year will be given as a scholarship to the selected student. By keeping their academic records better, students can avail of this benefit until the completion of the degree.
- A 50% quota in this scholarship program is reserved for female students.
How to Apply for Scholarship
If you meet all the eligibility conditions for the ONGC scholarship, then apply by following steps given below.
If you find that you meet the eligibility criteria for ONGC scholarship, you can apply by following the steps given below
- Visit the ONGC Scholarship’s Official Page.
- Download the application format available on it.
- Fill all the required details in the application form. Also, note that you have to fill the application form in capital letters.
- Duly attested as well as attaching all supporting documents forwarded by the Dean / Head / Principal of the University / Institute. College.
- Send the completed application form along with the documents to the designated ONGC office of your respective area.
Note: However, the area from which you can apply depends on the location of your college/institute/ university of the qualifying examination.
It is not enough to be eligible for ONGC India Scholarship or to know the application process. You will also have to prepare some documents required by the scholarship.
The application for the ONGC Scholarship remains incomplete without some important documents, which support the information you have given in the application form.
Thus, here is the list of major documents that you need to prepare before applying for the ONGC scholarship.
- Passport size photo of the applicant
- Caste certificate (in English / Hindi language)
- Age proof (Birth certificate/class 10th marks table)
- Marksheet of merit examination
- Annual family income certificate (in English / Hindi language)
- Bank statement (in prescribed format), and
- A copy of the PAN card.
Terms and Conditions
For successful implementation and disbursement of scholarship, you will have to read and fulfill these terms and conditions.
Following are the terms and conditions of the ONGC Scholarship:
- Students, who intend to apply for the ONGC scholarship, should not receive any other scholarship or financial aid.
- To ensure continuity of scholarship every year, scholars are required to perform satisfactorily in their annual examinations.
- The conduct of scholars is also taken into consideration for scholarship continuity.
- Students must obtain at least 50% marks or a scale of 10 grade points out of 5.
- If the student fails to maintain educational requirements or conduct, they will not be paid a scholarship for the respective year.
- Besides, if the scholarship has been discontinued, students can apply for renewal by filling the scholarship renewal application form in the specified format. However, they will be able to maintain the said percentage or grade again.
- ONGC India Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship. Thus, it takes into consideration your educational qualifications. The final selection of successful candidates depends on it.
- However, the company itself – ONGC – produces the final list of selected scholars.
- Additionally, if you are doing an engineering or MBBS program, then your selection will be based on your performance in the class 12th examination.
- On the other hand, if you are pursuing an MBA or Masters’s course in Geology or Geophysics, the selection will be based on your performance at the undergraduate level.
Check This Also ==> National Means Cum Merit Scholarship