ONGC is a pioneering gas company with branches in many states. The company’s impact on India’s economy is significant. ONGC Foundation’s innovation projects aim to improve underprivileged people’s lives. The ONGC Scholarship Scheme is notable. This article covers the scheme’s key features and application process.
Today, we’ll discuss Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Limited’s ONGC Scholarship programme. This programme benefits 500 General and OBC students. 1000 Schedule Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates will benefit. Students will receive Rs. 4000 per month. This article describes the scholarship’s eligibility requirements and application process. Check out the scholarship article.
ONGC Scholarship 2023
ONGC Scholarship scheme is a hand extended for help to the meritorious students of all the categories around the India. It is an exclusive opportunity for the students persuing MBBS, Engineering, MBA and Master’s degree in Geophysics and Geology.
This merit scholarship scheme is intending to provide economic aid to the students who regardless of achieving good score, can’t get higher education due to financial barrier. Overall, 1000 students will be selected for the scholarship from different states across all the categories. These students will get a scholarship amount of rupees 48,000 per annum to complete their higher education.
BASIC PARAMETERS OF SCHEME
|Academic qualification||The candidate must be in 1st year of MBBS/ Engineering/ MBA/ Master’s degree in Geophysics or Geology under full time course in AICTE/ MCI/UGC/Association of Indian Universities/State Education Boards/State Government/Central Government.|
|Percentile||At least 60% marks in class 12 for Engineering/MBBS course and 60% marks in graduation for PG courses like Geology/Geophysics /MBA|
|Gross annual family income||The gross family income of candidate should not exceed INR 4.5 Lakhs for SC/ST students and 2 Lakhs (for OBC and General category students) per annum from all sources.|
|Age limit||Maximum age on 1 January 2021 should not exceed 30 years.|
|Course type||Regular full time.|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The candidate should be persuing either of MBBS, Engineering, MBA and Master’s degree in Geophysics and Geology in the 1st year during the announcement of the scheme. Continuation of education is mandatory to avail the scholarship.
- Student can not avail any other scholarship or financial aid from any other sources.
- Although, there are 1500 scholarships wherein 1000 are for SC/ST category and 500 for OBC and general category. 50% seats within each category is reserved for girls.
- 60% marks or 6 GPA out of 10 credit points in each semester of entire course is mandatory in order to continue the scholarship.
- Students are to apply only under the scheme available for their category (whether SC/ST or OBC and General). One shall not apply under the category different from their official category.
- Those students who are applying through SC/ST category must have a valid certificate issued by a competent government authority verifying the same.
- Moreover, the scheme is only for those students studying in full time regular courses.
- While filling the application form, make sure to provide your bank details very carefully. Once submitted, you will not be able to modify any details.
- The zone under which a student applies depends entirely upon the location of University or educational institution. It will be unaffected by the location from where the student belongs.
- You can avail this scholarship only for one of the courses mentioned in the scheme once in your lifetime.
- Selection of students for final round of scholarship is in the hands of ONGC only. It can not be questioned at any stage by any candidate.
- The scholarship will be discontinued if student is found breaking any rule or parameter of the scheme.
- One can not claim a job in ONGC or it’s ventures on the basis of their scholarship.
- If the information provided by you during online application is found incorrect the application will be rejected and same student can not apply again for the same scholarship even in the subsequent years.
- Firstly, a copy of valid Caste Certificate issued by a competent government authority in either Hindi or English. (Vernacular may be provide in extreme case) (Only for SC/ST/OBC students)
- Valid copy of Birth Certificate or Mark sheet of class 10th as proof of age.
- Moreover, a copy of Class 12-mark sheet (only for Engineering/MBBS students) is required.
- A valid copy of final semester Graduation mark sheet (for MBA/Master’s in Geology/Geophysics students)
- Further, an income certificate of the family in either Hindi or English language stating the annual family income from all sources. (Vernacular may be provide in extreme case)
- Applicant’s back details in ECS form. It should be attested by the bank.
- A copy of PAN card and if it is not available then a tentative date for submission of PAN card cop.
- Valid copy of ID card provided by the College/Institution.
- Colleges/Institution’s Admission Receipt copy.
- Lastly, an undertaking by
NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS
There are a total of 1000 scholarships for SC/ST category students and 500 for OBC and general category students worth of rupees 48,000/- annually by the ONGC Foundation for the meritorious students pursuing professional courses in Engineering, Medical stream and Master’s degree course in Business Administration, Geology and geophysics.
|S.No.||STREAM||DURATION OF THE COURSE||NO. OF SCHOLARSHIPS||QUALIFYING EXAMINATION||TOTAL SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT ANNUALY|
|For SC/ST||For OBC and General|
|4||MASTERS IN GEOLOGY/ GEOPHYSICS||2 YEARS||270||100||GRADUATION||48000|
Note 50% scholarships shall be reserved for the girl students across all categories.
ZONE-WISE DISTRIBUTION OF THE NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS
|ZONE||Zone -1 (North)||Zone -2 (West)||Zone -3 (North East)||Zone -4 (East)||Zone -5 (South)|
|STATES||J&K, Delhi, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Chandigarh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh||Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Daman & Diu, Dadar & Nagar Havel||Assam, Sikkim, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura||Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal||Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Pudducherry, Lakshdweep, Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
|No. of Scholarships for SC and ST category||200||200||200||200||200|
|OBC and General category||100||100||100||100||100|
The number of scholarship to be awarded in each zone is one hundred for OBC and General category and two hundred for SC and ST category. Although, if the applications received from any particular zone are lesser then the maximum limit for the academic year under consideration, the rest scholarships will be distributed to remaining students of other zones.
If you find yourself eligible for the ONGC scholarship as per all the terms and conditions then you can apply for the scheme. In order to apply for the scholarship scheme you can visit this site ongcscholar.org . You can also click here to directly open the official online application window.
Steps to apply for the ONGC Scholarship Scheme 2023
- Firstly, visit the official website of ONGC foundation.
- Then, go to the ‘Apply for scholarship’ tab
- Now, select your category among the four categories SC/ST/OBC/General further divided into UG and PG
- After selecting your category, read the eligibility criteria and download following forms:
- College declaration (09)
- Self-attested undertaking by the student (11)
- Then, agree to the statement and click on apply.
- You will see an online application form on your screen asking your basic information.
- Fill all the details correctly and proceed to the next step.
- After filling all the details including your address, educational qualification and bank details upload all the supporting documents.
- Lastly, you can submit your application form.
Note: The students will have to submit all the supporting documents in online application duly certified and attested by their head of institution. Moreover, the same documents should be shared to the designated ONGC office as per the details given in application form in stipulated time.
• Students will be selected on the basis of their merit score in the last qualifying examinations. In case of tie in marks among candidates, economically weaker students will get preference.
• Overall preference will be given to the students from BPL (below poverty line) families provided they fulfil all the eligibility criterion. Once all such students avail the scholarship and still seats are left, other students will be considered.
In case of any scholarship queries, applicants can contact the following address.
E-mail for general queries: email@example.com
E-mail for scholarship: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 011-22406856 (Office timing 10am-5pm)
Office address: 8th Floor, Core III, Scope Minar, Laxmi Nagar, Delhi-110092