NSP Scholarship Scheme 2023-: The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is an online portal that provides scholarships through Central Govt, State Govt, and other govt agencies like UGC, AICTE, etc. About 50 types of scholarships are available on this portal for hundreds of registered students who want the scholarship. All the information about these scholarships will be found here, which the students can easily read and understand that if they are eligible to apply or not.
According to the officials of the NSP portal, so far more than 125 lakh scholarship application forms have been filled with the help of the National Scholarship Portal, in which 105 lakh applications are certified and more than Rs 2,000 crores have been distributed as scholarships. Do these facts surprise you? If yes, then check more about the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) here.
Latest Updates 2023
National Scholarship Portal is open for Fresh and Renewal Applications. The Institutes which are registered on NSP 2.0 are required to submit Institute Registration Form for AY 2023. The Form is available in Institute Login. Read the article till the end for more information on the form.
About National Scholarship Portal (NSP)-:
NSP stands for National Scholarship Portal, it is the most prominent scholarship portal presented as a mission mode project under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP), which provides a range of services ranging from filling out student application forms to scholarship disbursements. The portal offers SMART (simplified, mission-oriented, accountable, responsive, and transparent) systems for the correct and quick settlement of scholarships.
This ensures direct delivery of money to the account of the scholarship holder through the smart system itself, due to which there is no possibility of any kind of rigging. The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is responsible for the following good reasons and can benefit you in the following ways:
- You can get all the information related to the NSP Scholarship on the same portal.
- The process of all NSP Scholarships applications is the same, which simplifies the application process.
- This portal is for everyone and is equal.
- From this portal, you can find master data of all Indian-level courses and institutes.
- The portal also contributes to the Department and Ministry in the form of DSS (Decision Support System).
Reason Behind National Scholarship Portal-:
What was the need for the NSP portal? This is a clear question in your mind. The main reasons behind the creation of the National Scholarship Portal include:
- To ensure that NSP Scholarship is being provided to students on time.
- Provide a common platform for both Central and State Govt scholarships.
- To create a list or database of scholars.
- Students can check application processing disturbances.
- Consistent with the NSP Scholarships and variety of their criteria.
- To ensure the application of DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer).
Benefits of National Scholarship Portal-:
You can use this portal in the following ways:
- Check the criteria for the given NSP Scholarship.
- You should register on the National Scholarship Portal and fill the application form for the said scholarship, for which you are eligible.
- The application form has to be submitted online.
- The team attached to the portal will check the online application.
- You can also track your application through the portal.
- If successfully verified, the NSP Scholarship amount will be deposited directly into the student’s bank account through DBT mode. You can also know the current status of the NSP Scholarships payment on the portal.
Included Schemes under NSP Scholarships-:
Known for nationwide outreach, the National Scholarship Portal provides almost all types of scholarships for students studying from class 1 to PhD level. The various types of scholarships in NSP are classified under the following sections :
Different types of scholarships on NSP are classified into the following classes:
- Central schemes
- UGC schemes
- AICTE schemes
- State schemes
NSP Scholarship Schemes List 2023
The various depts functioning under the Govt of India run a variety of scholarships that help students advance their academic careers without any financial constraints. Eminent providers in the field of NSP Scholarship include the Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA), Dept of Empowerment of Persons with Disability (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE), Ministry of Labor and Employment (MLE), Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MTA), and Det of Higher Education (DHE).
You can also check NSP list of 2023 using the following steps:-
- Visit the Nation scholarship portal scholarships.gov.in or click here for the direct link for nsp scholarship 2023 list.
- Now you will find a page, where you can get the Scheme-Wise list of Applicants processed for Scholarship.
- Now Select Academic Year
- Application Type
- Select Ministry \Select you district
- Select state
- Enter applicants Name
- Enter registered Mobile Number
- After that fill captcha code and press the submit button, Now you will get the nsp scholarship list 2023 pdf download.
You can also apply for the NSP Scholarships given under the Central Govt through the National Scholarship Portal. Please find the information related to scholarship in the table given below:
NSP Scholarship List 2023 pdf download
|Scholarship Name||Provider||Last Date|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minority||Ministry of Minority Affairs||31-Oct|
|Post-Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities||Ministry of Minority Affairs||31-Oct|
|Merit cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical||Ministry of Minority Affairs||31-Oct|
|Pre-Matric Scholarships for Students with Disabilities||PwD Empowerment Department||31-Oct|
|Post-Matric Scholarships for Students with Disabilities||PwD Empowerment Department||31-Oct|
|Scholarships for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities||PwD Empowerment Department||11-Nov|
|Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students||Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment||11-Nov|
|Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi / Cine / IOMC / LSDM Workers – Post Metric||Ministry of Labor and Employment||31-Oct|
|Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi / Cine / IOMC / LSDM Workers – Pre-Metric||Ministry of Labor and Employment||31-Oct|
|Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana Scholarship for Andhra Pradesh||Ministry of Labor and Employment||Apply offline|
|National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students||Ministry of Tribal Affairs||15-Nov|
|National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education (NSIGSE)||School education and literacy department||Will open soon|
|National Means Cum Merit Scholarship||School education and literacy department||15-Dec|
|Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College and University Students||Department of Higher Education||31-Oct|
|Prime Minister’s Scholarships Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles||Welfare and Rehabilitation Board (Warb), Ministry of Home Affairs||31-Oct|
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF / RPSF||Ministry of Railways||31-Oct|
UGC NSP Scholarship Scheme-:
The University Grants Commission (UGC) is the premier statutory body of the Government of India functioning under the MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development). It is established to coordinate, determine and maintain the standards of higher education in India. It is an authority that accredits universities in India and also grants them funds. Besides, the college also offers scholarship schemes for students pursuing education.
The UGC schemes listed on the National Scholarship Portal are mentioned in the list below:
List of UGC Scholarship Schemes:
|Scholarship Name||Provider||Last Date|
|Ishaan Uday – Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region||University Grants Commission (UGC)||30-Nov|
|PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child||University Grants Commission (UGC)||30-Nov|
|PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders (First and Second Rank Holders)||University Grants Commission (UGC)||30-Nov|
|PG Scholarship Scheme for SC/ST Students for Pursuing Professional Courses||University Grants Commission (UGC)||30-Nov|
AICTE NSP Scholarship Schemes-:
The National Level Council for Technical Education Council AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) functions under the MHRD as a non-constitutional body. Operated since 1945, AICTE provides a unique opportunity for technical and management education systems in India. Apart from sanctioning graduation and post-graduation programs under special sections, AICTE also offers several scholarships for students. The main objective of the scholarship scheme is to ensure that financial constraints do not obstruct the professional career of any student.
The schemes run by AICTE are also listed on the National Scholarship Portal. Please find the names of all those NSP scholarships in the list below.
|Scholarship Name||Provider||Last Date|
|Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls (Degree) for Technical Education||Ministry of Human Resource Development – AICTE||Will open soon|
|Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls (Diploma) for Technical Education||Ministry of Human Resource Development – AICTE||Will open soon|
|Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Differently Abled Students (Degree) for Technical Education||Ministry of Human Resource Development – AICTE||Will open soon|
|Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Differently Abled Students (Diploma) for Technical Education||Ministry of Human Resource Development – AICTE||Will open soon|
How to Fill Online Application Form?
When will the scholarship mention above start, what benefits will the students get? To answer all these questions, a student has to register on the National Scholarship Portal. In this article, the process of scholarship application has been given step by step, please see, understand and follow all the steps here.
(Step 1st) – Students first have to register on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP):
- If you have come to this portal for the first time then the student will have to register. For this, they will have to go to the home page of the National Scholarship Portal.
- Now click on the ‘Registration’ button.
- A page of registration guidelines will open, read this carefully.
- Then click continue to proceed.
- Fill all the required details and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- The student application ID and Password will be received on the registered mobile number that the student has entered during registration.
(Step 2nd) – Log on to the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) with the help of the ID and Password received.
- Click on the ‘Login’ button to fill the NSP Scholarship application form and enter the User ID & Password.
(Step 3rd) – Change Password (A mandatory step):
- On successful login, the student will get an OTP on the registered mobile number.
- Complete the verification process with OTP.
- You will be directed to change the password.
- Change the password and click on the ‘Continue’ button.
(Step – 4th) Entering Dashboard:
- Upon changing the password the student will be directed to the ‘Applications Dashboard’ page.
- Then click on the application form to fill the form.
- Fill all the details like registration, education, personal and basic.
- Now click on the ‘Save and Continue’ button.
- Fill in the details like your address, name of the scheme and upload the required documents as well.
- Click on ‘Save As Draft’ (Students must check once they have entered all the correct information).
- After checking, click on the ‘Final Submit’ button.
Note – The application form cannot be edited once the final has been submitted. Therefore, while clicking on the final submit, students are advised to check the form thoroughly once.
NSP Scholarships Registration Tracking-:
You can click on the ‘Check Your Status’ tab to know the current status of your application. You can see here whether your application form has been submitted or not.
Check NSP Scholarship Registration Status-:
To know the current status of your application, students click on the ‘Check your status’ tab. In this section, students will be able to see whether their application is submitted or not.
Apply Through Mobile App-:
The Govt of India has also launched NSP’s mobile app in the year 2018 keeping in mind the new technology, it has made it easy and convenient for students to fill the application form. Students can download and install the ‘National Scholarship Portal Mobile App’ by going to the Google Play Store through a mobile phone. Besides, the NSP app is available in the ‘UMANG’ app already launched by the govt. So, if the student has already installed the UMANG app on their mobile phone, they can also apply for the scholarship by registering on the UMANG app. Through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) mobile app, students can not only get information about NSP Scholarships but can also apply.
NSP Scholarship Scheme HelpDesk
Candidates can contact the Help Desk for resolution of the technical problems
CALL: 0120 – 6619540
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Official Website => https://scholarships.gov.in/
Check This Also => NSP App Download: Scholarships.Gov.In National Scholarship Portal