NFSC National Fellowship Scheme 2023 is provided to the meritorious students of Scheduled Castes (SC) for doing MPhil and PhD Degrees. This Fellowship, given by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India, is operated under the National Fellowship Scheme ie NFSC. The objective of this Fellowship is to promote high and research education to the meritorious students of Scheduled Castes. Providing opportunities for advanced study and research in science, engineering, technology, humanities and social sciences in Indian universities and colleges is also the main objective of this fellowship.
National Fellowship for S/C students NFSC Last Date : 31st July, 2023
NFSC National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste students 2023 Eligibility
- The NFSC is open for the students belonging to SC (Scheduled Caste).
- He/she must be registered for M. Phil or Ph.D courses in Universities/Research Institutions recognized by UGC.
- Candidate who have already secured admission and qualified UGC-NET-JRF for Humanities/social sciences or CSIR-NET-JRF examination for Science including engineering and technology.
NFSC National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste students 2023 Award:
- Candidates selected for the National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste students are given Rs. 31,000/- per month for the first two years of research in case of Junior Research Fellowship and Rs. 35000 per month for remaining tenure for SRF as a Fellowship.
- Apart from this, contingency expenses for the first two years of Rs 10,000 are available to research students registered in Humanities and Social Sciences (JRF) and Rs. 20,500 per month for SRF.
- However, researchers registered in science, engineering and technology subjects get Rs. 12,000 per year for two years and Rs. 25,000 per annum for remaining tenure.
- Escorts/ Reader support is Rs. 2,000 / – per month in case of physically handicapped & blind candidates.
- In addition, house rent allowance is also available for the selected candidates.
- Payment of the fellowship shall be made directly to the beneficiaries bank account.
NFSC National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste students 2023 Selection Criteria:
- For the award of fellowship, the selection will be made on the basis of merit of each UGC-NET-JRF or UGC-CSIRNET- JRF exam.
- Preference will be given to those students who have already secured admission.
- Candidates who have already secure admission are required to join the fellowship within 3 months of issue of JRF award letter under the fellowship scheme.
- The qualified students, who have not get admission at the time of application for fellowship are needed to get admission for regular and full time M.Phil or Ph.D in a recognized research institution.
- The students can download the Award letters from UGC Online application website.
Application Process for NFSC National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste students 2023:
- For National Fellowship Scheme for SC, candidates are required to apply Online application by going to the official website of NFSC, ie. ugc.ac.in.
- After getting online applicant form, you need to fill all the required details which is divided into two sections. All the information must be clean and entered correctly.
- In first section of application form you have enter the details like State, Caste, Physical Status, Personal details along with Contact Number.
- Save the information entered in Section 1 of application form and continue to the next section.
- In second section, you need to enter the details of educational /qualification examination such as Post Graduation exam and institute, Research, Supervisor and Scholarship details and employment status.
- After filling the online application form, the candidates also need to upload the scanned copy of the below mentioned documents.
Scanned Copy of Documents to be uploaded :
=> Scanned copy of Mark sheets of post graduation must be uploaded by the student in pdf, jpg or gif format.
=> Scanned copy of Certificate issued by the Head of the Department or Institution mentioning that the necessary facilities will be provided to the selected fellows. It also be in pdf, jpg or gif format.
Contact details =>
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
ITO Metro Gate Number 3
Road, New Delhi, Delhi 110002
For more information ==> Click Here.
Also read: AICTE Pragati & Saksham Scheme 2023 Apply Online
2 thoughts on “[NFSC] UGC National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste Students”
I want the scholarship
nfsc 2023 form kb start hoge