The performance of Jharkhand in terms of giving scholarships to girl students (girls) under the National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education 2021 is much better. In this case, Jharkhand has stood first in the country. The central government has also appreciated the state government for this. Under this scheme, 25 thousand girl students have been given scholarships so far. While 7,702 more students have been identified for giving scholarships.
National Scheme of Incentive to Girls
The “National Scheme of Incentives to Girls for Secondary Education” has been launched by the Government of India for the promotion of education for girls studying in High School and Higher Secondary School. The scheme is only for girls studying in class 9th in schools run by government/grant-in-aid/ local bodies. This scheme is not for private schools (which do not receive government grants) and other schools.
Operated by Directorate of Secondary Education: The scheme is operated by the Directorate of Secondary Education. For this, applications are made available to schools by the DEO office.
Students (girls only) submit applications through the school. The school also has the responsibility to open a bank account in the name of the girl child. The names of the girls are sent to the Government of India by the Directorate of Secondary Education.
Incentive Scheme Benefits
What is the Incentive Scheme: The National Girl Child Incentive Scheme 2019-20 has been started by the Central Government to promote girl education. This scheme is fully centrally sponsored. Under this, all the students of SC-ST and Kasturba Gandhi Girls School studying in Class 9th are given a scholarship of Rs. 3000 (three thousand rupees).
Under the National Scheme of Incentive to Girls, 25 thousand girl students have been given scholarships in Jharkhand. Jharkhand is among the states giving the most number of scholarships under this scheme. A special campaign was launched for this. Separate meetings were made by forming a group of DEOs.
Amount & Withdrawal
Withdrawal of funds only after passing matriculation: The National Scheme of Incentive to Girls scholarship amount goes directly to the girl’s bank account. Students can withdraw the amount after passing the matriculation examination (10th class board exam). For this, it is also necessary that the student is enrolled in class 11th. Scholarships are given to the girl students only to help in plus two (12th class) studies.
The unmarried girl child of Scheduled Castes and Tribes who are studying in class 9 in any state schools from the age of 16, are given Rs 3000 after passing 10th or after 18 years of age.
How to Apply Online
Online applications for scholarship in the Girl Child Education Promotion Scheme have started. This scheme is for scheduled caste and scheduled tribe (SC/ST) girl students seeking admission in class 9th this year, but if the girl is studying in Kasturba Gandhi girls school and has passed class 8th, then caste is not binding.
Other Conditions of the Scheme: – At the time of taking admission in class 8th, the age of the girl student should be below 16 years. Under this National Scheme of Incentive to Girls, an FD deposit of Rs 3000 in the name of the eligible girl student is given by the government, which will be available to the student after passing class 10th and attaining the age of 18 years.
- Firstly, to apply for this National Scheme of Incentive to Girls visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP 2.0).
- Clicking on the “New Registration” on this portal will open a form in which you will have to enter your Aadhaar number and bank account information along with the necessary information.
- The name of this scholarship scheme will not come in this form, only you have to select Pre Matric in the scheme box, the portal will register you in the same scheme.
- The bank account should be in your name or the first name in the joint account is yours and the name and surname are correct on the Aadhaar card.
- On completing the registration, a password or OTP will immediately appear on the mobile number entered, which you will have to enter on the portal.
- After this, your application will be displayed on the ID portal which should be noted, this will be your user ID and the password will be your birth date which has to be written in DD/MM/YYYY format only.
- Now you will be logged on the portal with this user id and password on login to apply, a big form will open here.
- In this form, you have to fill all the information related to you like
- Mobile Numbers
- Birth Dates
- Aadhaar Number
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Annual Family Income
- Current Class
- Class start date
- Last class
- Year of passing the last class,
- Percentage of last class score,
- Year-round fees charged in schools,
- If it is handicapped, then related information,
- Marital status,
- Father’s business,
- Bank account information.
- After completing this information, click on “Save & Continue”.
- Now a new page will open in which you have to write the state, district, your address and pin code.
- In this form, you have to select the name of the scholarship scheme called “National Scheme for Incentive for the Girl Child for Secondary Education”.
You have to scan and upload the following documents to apply for the National Scheme of Incentive to Girls.
- Resident’s certificate
- 2 own photograph
- School Verification Form
- If there is no income certificate then your declaration form
- Own declaration letter, if there is no minority certificate
- Photocopy of the previous class mark sheet self-attested
- Receipt of fees charged by the school
- The first page of self-named bank account
- Aadhaar Cards