NOS 2023-: The National Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2023 has been launched by the Union Minister of India for Scheduled Caste students. Under this scheme, 100 students belonging to SC Category will be given scholarships to study abroad. This scholarship will be given to students doing research fields like Ph.D. Under this scheme, each selected student will get $ 33,000.
This Scheme has been started by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment present at the center. Registrations for the session 2023-11 under this scheme are still gonging on. Interested students can apply in it. Here check the complete details of the Scholarship i.e. Eligibility, Required Documents List, etc.
Note – Students can apply on March 31 to get benefits under this scheme. In this, the application will be made through its official website. The official portal for this scheme is http://socialjustice.nic.in/. Here you can also get other information regarding this scheme.
Main Key Features of Scheme-:
- Objective: The objective of this National Overseas Scholarship Scheme is to encourage students of the reserved category to pursue higher education. Through this scheme, students of these classes will be given financial assistance to study abroad.
- Benefits: Under this Scheme, students will be given scholarships to study postgraduate and research related. In this scholarship, no expenses will be paid for conferences, seminars, and workshops, etc.
- Beneficiaries: This Scheme is especially for scheduled caste students. But for this, they just finish their graduation or post-graduation. This scholarship will be given to the student until he finishes his education.
- Mode of application: Application will be submitted offline for this scheme. To apply in this, the applicant has to go to its official site and fill its form online then send a hard copy to the official address of the Ministry of Social Justice.
- Numbers of Seats: A total of 100 students will be given benefits under this scheme. Out of which 90 seats are for scheduled caste (SC) students, 6 for tribal area students, and remaining 4 seats for students whose father is an agricultural laborer.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply-:
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen to avail of benefits under this National Overseas Scholarship Scheme. And his age should not be more than 35 years till 1 April 2017.
- To take advantage of this scheme, the total income of the applicant’s family should be less than Rs 6 lakh per year. This income should be the annual income of the entire family and not the personal income of any member of the family.
- To take advantage of this National Overseas Scholarship Scheme, the applicant will have to score marks in the previous examinations as per the prescribed standard. If this information is found wrong, the admission of the applicant can be canceled at any time.
Scholarship Covered Courses-
|Name of Course||Seats|
|Science and Behavioral Sciences||17|
|Agricultural Science and Medicine||17|
|Social Science, Humanities and Fine Art||17|
|Engineering and Management||32|
List of Required Documents-:
- Age certificate: For this, the applicant will have to submit a self-attested mark-sheet of his matriculation for his age certificate.
- Income certificate: The applicant will have to submit a family income certificate or payslip to the family earning persons to prove their family income.
- Category: This National Overseas Scholarship Scheme is only for scheduled caste (SC) students, for this application has to submit his caste certificate.
- Mark-sheet: The applicant will have to submit the marks of his former classes along with his mark sheet form.
- Other documents: Apart from this, the applicant will have to submit other documents such as any other scholarship, then his certificate, documents of merit scholarship ship, etc.
Apply for Foreign Scholarship-:
- To apply under this Scheme, the applicant should first visit its official website socialjustice.nic.in Or nosmsje.gov.in. Now the Scheme will have to be selected under the “What New” section appearing here.
- For more information about this scheme, you can click on the advertisement for the “National Overseas Scholarship Scheme Available Here”.
- By doing this, you will have all the information available as a PDF file.
- Before applying for this scheme, all guidelines and rules should be read carefully. And now if you want to fill the form, then the form available here should be downloaded.
- Now all the necessary information in this form should be filled correctly and take a printout of it, and now a photo of it should be copied and posted to the given address.
Under this National Overseas Scholarship (NOS) Scheme, students who have applied for post-graduation will be given a 3-year scholarship. And those who have applied for research will be given a scholarship of 4 years. Students who have not yet enrolled in any university can apply in this scheme. And after getting your offer letter, they will start getting scholarship benefits.
We hope that the benefit of this Scheme will be given to the needy students so that their future will be bright.
Notification for National Overseas Scholarship for SC Candidates
Official Website of National Overseas Scholarship Scheme (NOS)
Check This Also => MP Foreign Study Scholarship Scheme 2023 For SC/ST & OBC Students
2 thoughts on “National Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2023 (NOS) Application”
I have done my graduation in 2016 and since then i was preparing for upsc and now i want to apply for this scholarship for my higher studies.
Can i apply??
My course has starts in January 2021. Can I apply for the 2020-2021 scholarship?