GOKDOM National Overseas Scholarship Karnataka NOS 2020 Minority Students Karnataka
Directorate of Minorities, Government of Karnataka (GOKDOM) inviting the applications for National Overseas Scholarships 2020 for Minority community students. Under this National Overseas Scholarship scheme, the financial assistance will be provided to the Minority students, viz. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Zoroastrians (Parsis) and Jains belonging to Karnataka state for pursuing higher studies abroad in Master Degree, Ph.D. and Post Doctoral courses, etc. in the respected Foreign Universities. So you are advised to apply for the scholarship application form in the given format if you fulfill all the eligibility conditions. The other information like eligibility criteria, the application process, benefits are for National Overseas Scholarship Karnataka furnished below.
Minority students opting to pursue higher studies in the below-mentioned subjects only can apply for the scholarship and avail the benefits of financial aid.
Subjects to Study for NOS
- Automation Robotics including Artificial Intelligence, Mechatronics and Manufacturing Technology.
- Laser Technology
- Paper technology
- Naval Architecture/Offshore Structures/Architecture in General.
- Information Technology including Computer Engineering Software, Software Quality Assurance, Networking /Connectivity Engineering, Communication system, under hazardous or Post – Disaster conditions, Multimedia communication
- Low-temperature Thermal Dynamics
- Art Restoration technology
- Ceramic and Glass Technology
- Dock and Harbour Engineering
- Bio-Technology/ Genetic Engineering
- Industrial Safety
- Petroleum Technology
- Aircraft/ Space Engineering
- Imaging System Technology
- Graphic engineering
- Composite materials engineering including Decentralized Power, Distribution (for Solar Heat) System, Energy Storage Engineering, Energy conservation, Energy-efficient habitat Engineering,
- Satellite or remote Sensing
- Packaging Engineering/ Technology
- Nuclear Engineering
- Medicine / Dental / Nursing/ Para- Medical
- Business Administration/ Management Studies
- MPhil/Ph.D. in any area of applied Sciences., Basic Sciences, Cultural and Historical Studies.
In addition to these subjects, any other course the screening committee of the department may in special cases consider the course not listed above.
Eligibility Criteria NOS 2020
- GOKDOM National Overseas Scholarship Karnataka 2020 if available for the students who are domicile of Karnataka.
- For this National Overseas Scholarship Karnataka, the Candidates age should be below 38 years from the date of commencement of the opted course or subjects selected for higher Studies.
- The students and their parents’ annual income from all sources should be below Rs. 6.00 lacs or Rs. 6.00 lacs to 15.00 lacs. The scholarship amount will be disbursed according to their family income.
One Child in the Family and One Time Award:
- Only one child of the same parent/guardian will be eligible for this award. The same candidate will not be considered for the award for second or more times. In this regard, the candidates are required to submit a Self Certification.
For Post Doctoral:
- To be eligible, the students must have secured 60% and above marks or equivalent grade in relevant Master Degree/Ph.d.
- The students who have secured 60% and above marks or equivalent grade in relevant Master Degree are eligible to apply.
For Master Degree:
- 60% and above marks or equivalent grade in relevant Bachelor Degree is required from the students.
Benefits for Minority Students
- The candidate whose parents/guardians annual income from all sources should not be more than Rs. 6 Lacs (6,00,000/-) are entitled to get the Scholarship of Rs. 10.00 Lacs per annum and a maximum of Rs. 20.00 Lacs for the entire duration, of course, ie. 2 years.
- The candidates whose annual family income of their parents/guardian from all sources is between Rs. 6.00 lacs per annum to Rs. 15.00 lacs per annum will be entitled to get 50% of a scholarship subject to a maximum of Rs. 5 Lacs per annum for 2 years.
- One side Airfare cost is also covered under the scholarship scheme.
- The selected scholars will also get the Living expenses, prescribed for all levels of courses covered under the scheme.
- The students are advised to mention their Bank Account Number, IFSC Code and Name and Branch of the Bank and other details in the application form.
How to Apply for Scholarship
- The candidates who are eligible and willing and belongs to the Minority community of Karnataka state can apply for the scholarship application form in the prescribed format.
- The application form can be downloaded from the official website of the Directorate of Minorities, ie. gokdom.kar.nic.in.
- For this, you need to visit the website of Karnataka Directorate of Minorities. Here you must click on Apply Online for National Overseas Scholarship Karnataka 2020.
- After entering all the required details and uploading documents, submit the form.
- The students must obtain the required admission letter from the Foreign University before the application made to the Directorate.
- The candidates must seek admission and join a regular course full-time course in attributed Institute/university.
Required Documents Minority Community
- SSLC/10th Marks Card.
- PUC Marks Card.
- Candidate Latest Photograph
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Visa.
- Aadhar Card copy is also required.
- Bank Loan Details.
- Offer Letter (I-20).
- Canceled Cheque Leaf
- Income Tax Returns of Father/Mother/Guardian (Latest), If they are Income Tax Payee (Form-16).
- Income Tax Returns of Candidate (Latest), If You are Income Tax Payee (Form-16).
- Personnel statement of the candidate presenting his/ her case for the scholarship (Not more than 2 pages).
- Photocopy of the first page of Bank Pass Book
- Upload Affidavit as per the Annexure
- Degree Marks Cards. (1st -Year, 2nd -Year, Convocation/Provisional Degree, Certificate of Degree/Master Degree)
- CGPA/SGPA Calculation Format as per your University (With Attested Copy).
- G-MAT/TOEFL/GRE/IELTS/SAT Certificate/Score Card.
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate.
- Residential Certificate.
- 1st recommendation/reference letter – academic and 2nd recommendation/reference letter – in case of currently employed applicants, it has to be from a professional, preferably his/ her superiors, else it can be academic (Not more than 2 pages on A4 size).
- Printout of ranking/ rang of course/ college from global university rankings (if any).
Contact Details of GOKDOM Karnataka
Address: Directorate of Minorities, 20th & 21st Floor, V V Towers(Main), Dr. B R Ambedkar Veedhi, Bangalore – 560001
Helpline Number: 080 22535900