NMMS scholarship 2020 apply online:- Department of School Education & Literacy, MHRD welcomes the applications for National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) for the academic year 2020-21. It is one of the Centrally Sponsored Scheme and awarded to the meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections in order to encourage them to continue their studies at the secondary stage.
The Center-sponsored Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS)’ was launched in May 2008. The objective of this scheme is to provide scholarships to talented students of economically vulnerable areas, in order to stop the trend of leaving school after class VIII and to encourage them to continue their education till the secondary level.
Eligibility Criteria for National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship
- There is a separate quota for the scholarships of students of each State / Union Territory.
- Those students whose parents do not exceed Rs 1,50,000 per annum income from all sources are eligible for the scholarship.
- The students who are admitted in class IX are eligible to apply for the NMMS 2020-21.
- The students shall have a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in Class VIII examination for appearing in the selection test for award of scholarship.
- The relaxation in percentage of 5% will be given to Scheduled Caste SC/ Scheduled Tribe ST students.
- Reservation is given according to the state government norms.
- Students of NVS, KVS, Private and residential schools are not eligible for the Scholarship Scheme.
NMMSS 2020 Benefits
- For students studying up to class IX-XII in government schools, government-aided and local body schools, scholarships of Rs. 12000 / – (Rs. 1000 / – per month) per annum are provided to selected students.
- Payment of scholarships by State Bank of India is done directly in the accounts of students on the basis of quarterly payment.
NMMSS Form Application Process
- The Online Application for National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme should be submitted on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
- The application performance has been made available to District Education Officers/ Principals of the schools in hard copy.
- The application form can also be downloaded from the National Scholarship Portal by the District Education Officer.
- The performance can be filled up by the student/ school in an excel sheet. The information of all the students of a school will be compiled in an excel sheet and verified by the Principal of the school, which will then be sent to District Education Officers either through mail or in CD and hard copy.
- The mobile number can be given either of the student or parent/guardian/neighbor/friend etc.
- The student should provide the Aadhaar Number and in case of not available, the Aadhaar Enrolment ID (EID) can be used. The students must have Aadhaar seeded Bank Account number and are to be provided the latest by 31st October 2019 for making disbursement of the scholarship.
Selection Criteria for National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme
- The selection of candidates for the award of the scholarship will be based on the examination conducted by the State or Union Territories.
- For continuing the scholarship in class X and XII the awardees should get clear promotion from class IX to class X and from class XI in class XII in the first attempt with 55% marks (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST).
- The awardees must obtain a minimum of 60 % marks in Class X (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST) examination or equivalent examination for continuation of the scholarship at the higher secondary stage.
Official Website: https://mhrd.gov.in/school-education