MHRD Chinese Government Scholarship 2020-21
Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Government of India invites the applications from the Indian national candidates for the Chinese Government Scholarship for the academic year 2020-21. The scholarship is given for higher studies/ research/ specialized training under the India China Cultural Exchange Program for pursuing the following programs:
|Undergraduate programs||Master’s programs|
|Doctoral programs||General Scholar programs|
|Senior Scholar programs|
A total of 40 scholarships will be awarded and applicants would be nominated on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination.
The applying candidate must a permanent resident of India and must be living in India at the time of applying for the scholarship.
- Undergraduate Programs: To be eligible, the candidate must be a high school graduate (Class 12 pass).
- Masters Programs: the candidate must be a bachelor’s degree holder
- Doctoral Programs: the candidate must be a master’s degree holder
- General Scholar Program: The candidates must have completed a minimum of 2 years of Undergraduate study at the time of applying for general scholar programs
- Senior Scholar Programs: The candidate should be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor or above at the time of applying for a senior scholar program
Age Eligibility –
- Undergraduate Programs: The candidates must below the age of 25 years.
- Masters Programs: He/she must be under the age of 35 years
- Doctoral Programs: The candidate must be under the age of 40 years
- General Scholar Program: He/she must be under the age of 45 years
- Senior Scholar Programs: The candidates must be under 50 years of age when applying for the program.
The candidates who were selected will have to undergo for Chinese Language study for one (1) year before undertaking study in the chosen areas as this is mandatory. The medium of study in China is the Chinese language so the candidates must keep this in mind before applying for the scholarship.
- The application process of the Chinese Government Scholarship will be Online.
- The candidates are required to Apply Online for scholarship applications.
- The application should be submitted online through http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship/ and www.campuschina.org to the China Scholarship Council also.
Supportive Documents :
The documents should be uploaded at the time of applying online at sakshat.ac.in. The list is as under.
- PDF of Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English)
- Self-attested copy of class X mark sheet, class XII mark sheet, degree certificate (UG/PG/Doctoral as applicable).
- Class X pass certificate as proof of age of the applicant.
Note: Document size: the size of an individual document must be under 530 kb.
Criteria for Nomination of Candidates for Chinese Government Scholarship 2020-21
- For undergraduate programs – the merit list would be based on Class XII marks (80% weightage) and Class X marks (20% weightage).
- For Master’s, Doctoral, General Scholar and Senior Scholar programs – a priority for the nomination would be given to candidates who have completed their last qualifying exam either from Institutes of National Importance (INI)/Central Universities (CU)/ Centrally funded Technical Institutes (CFTI)/National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) accredited institutions
Contact Details :
In case of any query or doubts, contact on 011- 26172896/26172492
Official website: mhrd.gov.in
frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Q => How can I get the latest information about the Chinese Government Scholarship?
A => You can get the up-to-date scholarship information by visiting www.campuschina.org or www.csc.edu.cn/laihua. You can also consult the Chinese Embassy (Consulate-General) in your home country or designated Chinese universities for your interesting information.
- Q => Can I apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship without Admission Letters?
A => Yes. The Pre-admission Letter from a Chinese university is not a necessary application material. Applications enclosed with the Pre-admission Letter will be sent directly to the host universities for placement confirmation. Applications without the Pre-admission Letter will be sent to universities to go through the admission procedure. For applicants without the Pre-admission Letter, CSC cannot assure the host university will be one of the preferences of the institution since the capacity of the universities and the eligibility of the applicants will also be considered.
- Q => Does the Letter of Acceptance or email from the supervisor equal to the Pre-admission Letter?
A => No. Only the Pre-admission Letters (or Admission Letters) issued by the admissions office of designated Chinese universities are considered valid. Other files like acceptance letters from potential supervisors or emails from supervisors or professors shall not be regarded as the equivalent or substitute.