KSJ@MIT MIT Knight Science Journalism Fellowship Program 2023-24 -: Applications are needed to be submitted by the desirous and eligible students for Knight Science Journalism Program (KSJ) 2023 by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is a nine(9) month fellowship program. This program is designed to enable dedicated and thoughtful journalists specializing in science, technology, health, and environmental reporting. Knight Science Journalism Program is designed to recognize journalists who demonstrate a high level of professional excellence and accomplishment and a long-term commitment to their craft. A total of ten (10) science journalists will get the opportunity to be a part of this fellowship program.
Each Fellow will have to designs their course of study, with consultation offered by the director and the KSJ staff. Fellows are required to audit at least one science course per semester but are otherwise encouraged to explore the wide range of offerings at MIT, Harvard, or other institutions in Cambridge and Greater Boston.
KSJ@MIT Knight Science Journalism Fellowship 2023
The applying candidate should be reporters, writers, editors, producers, illustrators, filmmakers, or photojournalists and work for newspapers, magazines, television, radio, and digital media. The selected candidates will be offered a stipend of $70,000 along with some additional benefits which include basic health insurance.
- The applicant must be full-time journalists, whether on staff or freelance.
- The applicant must have at least 3 full years of experience covering science, technology, the environment, or medicine.
- The applicant may be reporters, writers, editors, producers, illustrators, filmmakers, or photojournalist and may work for newspapers, magazines, television, radio, and digital media. This includes work for newspapers, magazines, television, radio, and digital media.
- Part-time writers or producers are not eligible for the fellowship programme.
Benefits Of Fellowship
- The candidate who will be selected for the Knight Science Journalism Fellowship Programme will receive a stipend of $70,000 along with some other benefits.
- The other benefits include Health Insurance for each fellow and their family.
- A relocation allowance of $2,500 shall also be provided.
Application Process for KSJ@MIT Fellowship
- The application process of the Knight Science Journalism Fellowship Programme is Online.
- First of all, the applicants are required to register themselves before applying for the application form.
- To complete the online application process, the applicants are also required to submit the supporting documents with the application. The documents should be uploaded in PDF file or type the contents of the documents into the test provided.
- Professional Autobiography: Provide a brief statement (500 words or less) about why you want to participate in the Knight Science Journalism Fellowship program and how it would fit with your professional goals.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae: Be sure to include your education and work history. (Freelancers should include a list of freelance jobs in the last 12 months. Include each story, venue, and date of publication or broadcast.)
- Research Project proposal: Describe, in 500 words or less, a project you intend to develop during the fellowship year. The goal is for fellows to create something that uniquely leverages their time and experiences at MIT, using the resources and connections available to them while they are here.
- Work samples: Five work samples are required. Choose samples that best illustrate your interest and abilities. If work samples are not in English, a translation must also be submitted.
- Recommendations: Three letters of recommendation are required. Letters should come from individuals familiar with your work and should comment on your abilities and your commitment to journalism.
Check This Also => DBT Tata Innovation Fellowship 2023-24