Application For ICHR Award Of SAF Senior Academic Fellowship 2023-24 ; In the prescribed format, the applications are invited from the candidates for the Award of Senior Academic Fellowships (SAF) for the academic year 2023. The senior fellowship is awarded to senior research students who have done specific work in the field and have published publications in professional journals in the form of papers or books. The candidates who fulfill the eligibility conditions should be reached to the undersigned through email and registered postal service before the due date. The fellows will be awarded the fellowship of the value of Rs. Forty-Four Thousand per month along with a Contingency grant of Rs. 44000 per annum for two years.
There are 10 fellowships will be awarded in the academic year, from which the reservations of fellowships applied for Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and PWD candidates.
Senior Academic Fellowships (SAF) 2023 Details
=>> The Fellowship shall be a whole-time engagement for research work and cannot be combined with any other whole-time or part-time work (
=>> The duration of fellowships will be two (2) years.
=>> The award of SAF will be through the presentation-cum-interview.
=>> Eligible candidates will be provided with SAF through presentation-cum-interview.
Eligibility for Senior Academic Fellowships (SAF) 2023
- Senior Academic Fellowships are awarded to senior scholars who have completed quality work and have publications in the form of books and papers in professional journals allied to history to their credit.
- The candidates whose minimum age is 45 years are eligible for Senior Academic Fellowship SAF.
H/she must have a minimum of 10 years of teaching or research experience to be eligible for the fellowship.
- Candidates must have the minimum number of publications:
- Research articles in peer-reviewed journals: 10
- Number of Books: 01 (at least)
Benefits for Senior Academic Fellowships (SAF) 2023
- The selected candidates of SAF shall be awarded an amount of Rs. 44,000/- per month along with a Contingency Grant of Rs. 44,000/- per annum.
- And these will be given for 2 (two) years of duration which is extendable up to a maximum of one more year without any financial commitment.
- The candidates who are selected to make a presentation or appear for interviews will be reimbursed their travel charges to the extent of 3AC railway fare chargeable by the shortest routes from railway station nearest to their normal place of residence or from where they perform the journey on the production of the ticket(s).
Selection for Senior Academic Fellowships (SAF) 2023
- Based on the experts’ assessment (if recommended), selected candidates shall be required to make a presentation on the proposed subject of research.
- The Committee of specialists will decide the award of fellowship which is based on the experts’ evaluation of the proposal and the presentation made by the candidate. ·
- The presentation-cum-interview by the applicant will be held at the ICHR’s offices and the date & venue will be announced on the website.
Conditions of Senior Academic Fellowships (SAF) 2023
- The research student will have to submit an annual/half-yearly progress report of the work done.
- The research conducted by the fellows will be reviewed at the end of one year in which the fellows will have to make a presentation to the expert.
- The research done by the fellows will be reviewed every six months and if the research done by the fellows is not found satisfactory, the fellowship will be stopped.
- And if the research work of the fellow is not satisfactory, then the amount of fellowship given to the fellow will be withdrawn.
- Incomplete applications and the applications received after the last date will not be accepted.
Application for Senior Academic Fellowships (SAF)
- The applicant can download the application form from the website of ICHR, ie. ichr.ac.in.
- Hard copy should be submitted by the applicants to the Member and electronic copy should be emailed on firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The self-attested copies of the required documents should also be submitted along with the application form by post to the below-mentioned address.
Indian Council of Historical Research,
35, Ferozeshah Road,
New Delhi – 110001
- Copies of certificates of educational qualifications
- Copies of language qualification certificates, if applicable
- Copy of SC/ST/disability certificate, if applicable
- Copy of Ph.D. dissertation
- Copy of Bio Data: 2 copies
- Copies of published book(s) and articles (in reputed journals)
- Detailed Proposal: 3 copies
Official Website -: ichr.ac.in
Check This Also -: CH Muhammedkoya Scholarship 2023-24 Girl students Kerala