ABS Dr. Goh Keng Swee Scholarship 2023 (GKS scholarship 2023) Undergraduate Studies In Singapore
ABS Association of Banks in Singapore offering Dr. Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship for the year 2023 for the students pursuing undergraduate studies in Singapore. This is a private-sector scholarship under which 3 to 4 students will be awarded this scholarship from 15 Asia Pacific countries which include the India, Cambodia, Japan Indonesia, Brunei, Myanmar, Hong Kong SAR, Malaysia, Korea, Philippines, China, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, and Taiwan. The interested candidates who are keen to pursue their undergraduate studies in Singapore and who fulfill all the eligibility conditions can apply for Dr. Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship 2023.
Name of Universities participating for GKS Scholarship
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Singapore Management University (SMU)
- To apply for Dr. Goh Keng Swee Scholarship, the applicant must have a valid passport to any of the 15 Asia Pacific economies.
- He/she must have applied to NTU, NUS, SUTD, and SMU to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants must have appeared for SAT or have registered to appear for SAT.
- The applicant must hold leadership qualities and must have a good academic career and achiever in co-curricular activities.
- You are required to check the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) may be required by some universities.
- The citizens of Singapore and permanent residents are not entitled to apply for the scholarships.
Dr. Goh Keng Swee Scholarship Award Money
The scholarship supports a maximum of 4 years of undergraduate study (including Honours). The selected candidates will be provided with the following benefits.
- Settling in- Allowance – The selected scholars will receive SGD200 as settling-in-allowance after arrival in Singapore.
- Course Fee – The tuition fee and the other compulsory fees will be paid to the scholars.
- Travel Expenses – The airfare for traveling to Singapore and the return airfare after completion of the course.
- Hostel Fee – The scholarship also is provided with a hostel fee charged by the institution.
- Maintenance Fee – Maintenance fee of SGD 6500 will be provided to the selected students of Dr. Goh Keg Swee Scholarship.
Dr. Goh Keng Swee Scholarship Bond :
The candidates must have to sign a 3-years bond which requires them to work in Singapore for 3 years at a company approved by the country or An approved Singapore-based company in their home country upon completion of their course.
- The interested candidates can apply online for the Dr. Goh Keng Swee Scholarship. and for this, you need to go to the official website. Submit your application, by clicking on the link https://www.pscgateway.gov.sg/app/gks/account/uidsignin2/
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to take an online personality profiling test in Mar/Apr 2023.
- Applicants selected to attend the final interview are encouraged to travel to Singapore in end–May 2023. The trip will be at the applicant’s own expense. If applicants are unable to travel to Singapore, alternative arrangements will be made.
Steps to fill the scholarship application form :
- First Step: First of all the candidates need to register themselves on the official website and fill the information like Name of the candidate, Date of Birth, Email ID, Mobile Number, Citizenship, etc.
- Second Step: Once you registered, the login credentials will be sent to the candidates in their registered email ID.
- Third Step: Use the login ID and apply for the scholarship and fill the form very carefully.
The candidates who are applying for Dr. Goh Keng Swee Scholarship are required to submit the following required documents.
- SAT Score Report
For Shortlisted candidates who studied in Singapore:
- Secondary Four year End School Academic Reports
- Secondary 4 Co-curricular Activities and Community involvement program Records
- Pre-tertiary CCA and CIP Records
- Certificates of Academic Qualification obtained
For Shortlisted Candidates who did not study in Singapore :
- Final High School exam.
- certificates of Academic qualification obtained
- Up to 3 Letters of Recommendation
Additional Documents for current undergraduates:
- University Academic Transcripts
- University CCA Records
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Q => When can I expect to know my application outcome?
A => All applicants will be notified by the end of May.
- Q => Do I need to send hard copies of my supporting documents for my application?
A => No. We will contact you if we require them.
- Q => I will not receive my official final year results before May – should I still apply?
A => Yes, you may apply as long as your results will be available in time for the universities you applied
to, to consider you for a place in Academic Year 2023/2023.
- Q => Can the Dr. Goh Keng Swee Scholarship Fund help me secure a place in a Singapore university?
A => No. You are required to submit your university applications separately and adhere to the respective
university’s admission deadlines and guidelines.
- Q => I am already undertaking an undergraduate course at a Singapore university – can I still apply for
A => Yes, you may apply before your final year of study.
- Q => I already have a degree, but intend to read the 2nd degree in a university in Singapore – can I still
apply for the scholarship?
A => Yes.
- Q => Is the Dr. GKS Scholarship offered to Masters/Ph.D. students?
A => No, the Dr. GKS Scholarship is for undergraduate studies only.
- Q => Do I need to take the pre-admission tests such as the SAT or TOEFL, to apply for the scholarship?
A => Only the SAT is required for the scholarship application. TOEFL may be required by your university
application(s). Please check with the relevant university for more details.
For any questions or queries, students can send their questions to [email protected].