opportunity for international teachers teaching excellence and achievement TEA program
The U. S. Department of State and IREX publicize an open competition, with a name, Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program. This program is of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs ECA, U.S. Dept. of States which will bring Secondary level school teachers to the U.S. for professional development opportunities to develop skills in their subject areas, improve their teaching skills, and boost their knowledge about the US.
Teaching Excellence and Achievement TEA is 6 weeks non-Degree, the non-credit customized academic program which includes seminars on new teaching methods, course development, and lesson planning.
|Last Date of submission of Application||16 March 2023|
|TOEFL Testing/Interviews||Early May 2023|
|Notification Of Finalists||September 2023|
|Pre-Departure Orientation Cohort I||December 2023|
|U.S. Program Dates Cohort I||Late January to March 2023|
|Pre-Departure Orientation Cohort II||July 2023|
|U.S. Program Dates Cohort II||September – November 2023|
- The applicant has to submit the complete application form.
- The applicant should be a full-time school teacher of Class VI to XII in a school that serves a primarily local population.
- The applicant must have 5 or more years of classroom experience in TEA teaching subject- English, EFL, Social Studies, Mathematics, Science, or special education
- The applicant must be citizens of India and she/he must be qualified to hold a valid Indian passport;
- The applying candidate must be living and teaching in Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Telangana, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Lakshadweep, and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Daman and Diu, and Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- The candidate must be holding a valid Bachelor’s degree in the teaching subject with a teacher training degree
- The willing candidate should be present in India during the submission of application and for the interview
- The candidate must achieve a minimum score of 450 on paper-based TOEFL / equivalent English language examination
- The candidate should exhibit the obligation to continue teaching after completion of the program.
How to Apply
- Fill the online application for TEA 2023-21.
- Download the application form from the official website of
- Must write on the top of the envelope ‘Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program’
Procedure to fill the Application form for TEA 2023-21
- Answer all the questions in the application form.
- The applicant is able to type or print in black ink.
- Put the NA (Not applicable) mark, if a question does not apply to you
- Must write the full and legal name as specified on your passport (if available) or other photo identification with giving complete contact information.
- The applicant should write the full name, city name, and country name in the top right corner of each and every page.
Institutional Support And Reference Form
- For the Institutional Support and Reference Form, you must click on the appropriate link
- The applicant should submit the application form with supporting the Institutional Support and Reference Form. It must be completely filled by your supervisor at the school where the applicant is employed.
- The Reference form must be signed with ink.
- If the form and reference letter are not filled in the English language then it must be translated.
- The selection of the suitable candidate is based on the merit-based open contest based on the following criteria.
- The selected students will be called upon for an interview. The interview panel will take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or equivalent English language examination.
Selection Criteria based on Merit in an Open Competition
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching in the field of secondary education
- Demonstrated leadership potential;
- Professional and educational experience and achievements
- Potential for developing long- Term linkages between U.S. and Indian educational institutions and schools
- Preparedness (including maturity, flexibility, and ability to functioning dependently) for an intensive U.S.-based training program with very limited free time for personal travel or sightseeing
- Willingness and capacity to work and live collaboratively with international peers to foster a positive learning community for professional development
- Ability to express ideas clearly and effectively
- English language skills adequate to manage coursework, develop lesson plans, and team-teaching U.S. schools (a minimum paper-based do equivalent TOEFL score of 450 is required for TEA participation).
- Applicants who have had few opportunities to travel to the U.S. will be given priority.
Also, read: Fulbright Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships 2023-22