The youth have a desire to get the benefit of better education to make their future bright. For this, they want to get an education abroad. But they are unable to do so due to their financial condition not being prosperous. But the government of the country makes every effort to develop the citizens of the country. To realize the dream of the citizens of the state, the Madhya Pradesh state government runs several Foreign Studies Scholarship schemes, one of which is the Foreign Study Scholarship Scheme, to provide financial assistance to those studying abroad.
Foreign Studies Scholarship Scheme Madhya Pradesh
- Promotion of higher education: – Under the Foreign Studies Scholarship scheme, financial aid will be provided to selected candidates. The main objective of the state government behind the launch of this scheme is to provide financial support for higher education to the students of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes as well as backward classes.
- The number of those receiving education abroad: – Initially 10 students were selected in this scheme, who can get an education abroad. But recently some modifications have been done in it. Now 50 students will be selected to get education abroad.
- For those pursuing education abroad: – Through Foreign Studies Scholarship, financial assistance will be provided to those candidates who are pursuing higher studies like post-graduation level course or research degree in a particular field abroad or post-doctoral program. Wish to go abroad. This will help them to fulfill their dreams.
- Incentive amount: – An amount of Rs. 15 lakhs will be provided annually by the Madhya Pradesh government as a scholarship to all eligible and selected students. But at the same time, it has also been told that the rate of financial assistance given from time to time may vary according to the parameters set by the Government of India.
According to the Foreign Studies Scholarship scheme, candidates wishing to get education abroad will have to adopt certain eligibility criteria to be a part of it, which is as follows –
- For obtaining a post-research degree: – For obtaining post research degree, candidates are required to get first division or 60% marks in the postgraduate examination. And for SC and ST candidates, with 50% marks, second division and research degree (Ph.D.) with experience in the relevant field is required.
- For a Ph.D. degree: – All the candidates should get first division or 60% marks or more in the postgraduate examination. And for SC and ST candidates, it is necessary to get second division with 50% marks and two years teaching/research/ professional experience in related field / M. Phil degree, etc.
- For Post Graduation Degree: – Must have First Division or 60% marks or its equivalent in the related graduation examination. And for scheduled tribe candidates it is necessary to get second division with 55% marks. The eligibility criteria for the candidates are the same when selecting any course of post-graduation degree.
- A resident of Madhya Pradesh: – With all these eligibility criteria, it is most important that the candidate should be originally a resident of Madhya Pradesh. Without this, they will not get the benefit of it.
- Age limit: – The age of candidates applying for this scheme should be more than 18 years and less than 35 years on January 1 in the year of application. In some cases, a relaxation of 10 years of age is offered. It is given only when recommended by the committee in a special situation.
- Income limit: – The total annual income of the candidate applying or any member of his family should not exceed Rs 5 lakh. In addition, only one candidate will be eligible to receive a scholarship for one time.
Apart from this, the final selection will be done on the basis of the merit of the candidate. All shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview stage by the selection committee.
- Native certificate: – First of all applicants are required to attach a copy of their native certificate along with their application form. Which will be proof of his being a citizen of Madhya Pradesh.
- Caste certificate: – This scheme has been started for the students of backward classes, scheduled castes, and tribes, so all candidates are required to give their caste certificates.
- Proof of Identity: – To get any scheme or grant, it is necessary for the candidate to give his identity. For this, it is necessary to submit a copy of the Aadhaar card to give them their identity.
- Income certificate: – In this scheme poor students are to be encouraged, to prove that the income of any member in the family of the candidate is less than Rs 5 lakh, they will have to provide proof of their income.
- BPL Card: – The applicant will have to display his below poverty line card, which proves that you belong to the backward class.
- Bank passbook: – The amount of incentive to be given to the applicant will be provided in the bank account of the applicant. For this, they are required to submit a copy of the bank’s passbook mentioning information related to their bank accounts such as MICR code, branch name, IFSC code, and account number.
- PAN Card: – For any financial transaction, the government has given more importance to the PAN card number. Therefore, it is also necessary to give the applicant his PAN card number.
- Academic certificate: – Since this scheme has been started for those pursuing higher education. So applicants are required to provide proof of their prior education. For this, they can submit their academic certificate i.e. from where they have received their education.
Official website of Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare Department of Madhya Pradesh to get the form for applicants who wish to study abroad
How to Apply
- To be a part of this scheme, the application form will be made available soon for the applicants, in which the applicants will have to fill all their academic and personal information accurately.
- Apart from this, applicants can also apply by going to the nearest office of the Backward Classes or Minorities Welfare Department.
- Once the application process is complete, the applicant’s name will be enrolled in the list. And finally, there will be an interview round which after clearing you can get the incentive to study abroad.
- Applicants can contact the Commissioner, Tribal Development, Bhopal or District Assistant Commissioner or District Organizer and Tribal Welfare Department or Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare Department to get complete information about the scheme and its benefits. Apart from this, they have more information on its official website
- The state government has started this scheme to encourage higher education to poor students. Now there is no need to worry about the financial problem regarding their future. The state and country will also be developed along with the development of students from this scheme. For this purpose, Ladli Laxmi Yojana is also being run for the upliftment of girls. visit here
Check This Also –: ICCR Scholarship 2022-23 For PG/UG & Diploma Students