DST Womens Scientists Fellowship:- DST Department of Science & Technology, Government of India providing Women Scientists Scheme (WOS-A) for the academic year 2023 to the women candidates, and in this regard the applications are invited from the eligible candidates. This scheme is for the women of India who want to research in basic and applied sciences and to recover the career of the women candidates who are unable to continue Science & Technology activities because of various obstacles and not having employed anywhere. The selected fellows will be awarded a monthly stipend of Rs. Thirty Thousand to Rs. Fifty-Five Thousand and Research Grant up to Rs. Thirty Lacs.
Disciplines for which the applicant applicants can apply are:-
- Physical and Mathematical Sciences (PMS)
- Chemical Sciences (CS)
- Life Sciences (LS)
- Earth and Atmospheric Sciences (EAS),
- Engineering & Technology (ET)
Eligibility Criteria for DBT Women Scientists
- The scheme is open to women candidates only.
- Applicants must have completed at least Post Graduate Degree must equivalent to M.Sc in Basic or Applied Sciences OR B.Tech or MBBS or another equivalent professional course from a recognized university in India and are entitled to apply for DST WOSA 2023.
- Women scientists having a Ph.D. in Basic or Applied Sciences, M.Tech, MD/ MS, DM/ MCH in Medical Sciences from recognized Universities are also eligible for this award.
- Age relaxation of 5 years would be given to candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC and physically challenged.
- The candidate’s age must be between 27 years to 57 years. The minimum age of the candidate should be 27 years and the Maximum age for MSc or equivalent is 35 years and for Ph.D. or equivalent, the maximum age is 57 years.
- The relaxation in age of SC/ST/OBC & PWD candidates will be given 5 (five) years.
Women Scientists Fellowship DST WOS-A 2023 Benefits
- The selected women candidates will be provided with various benefits.
- The selected fellows will be awarded a monthly stipend of Rs. 55,000/- plus HRA.
- MSc in Basic or Applied Sciences or B.Tech or MBBS: Rs. 31,000 per month plus HRA as applicable.
- MD/MS, DM/MCH in Medical Sciences: Rs. 40,000/- per month
- PhD Degree in Basic or Applied Sciences : Rs. 55,000/- per month
DST Womens Scientists Fellowship Application Process
- The application process of Women Scientist Award DST WOSA 2023 is very simple.
- The candidates have to submit the Project Executive Summary (PES) Online on the official web portal of WOSA, ie. online-wosa.gov.in.
- On submission of PES, the candidates will receive an acknowledgement with serial number on the screen. You just need to note down this serial number for further use.
- After acceptance of submitted PES by the Dept. of Science & Technology, New Delhi, the candidates will get a Login ID and Password through mail and this will enable the applicants to submit the Project Proposal Document.
- It is must for the candidates to include the financial aspects of the proposal with the bio date of the mentor and PI in PPD along with community certificate.
- The candidates have to fill PPD 1-3 Online and PPD 4 -7 must be uploaded by the candidate in word or PDF format.
Submission of Application :
- The PES Project Executive Summary should be submitted through Online mode. Once all the correct, the candidates have to click on print and submission button for final submission.
Submission of PES Online http://online-wosa.gov.in/wosa/
- Take a print out of online submitted PPD for your own records.
- The candidates are required to send any hard copy of application form.
- But here, it is important for the students to take a hard copy of application form for further use.
1 thought on “DST Womens Scientist Fellowship 2023”