Dr. Ambedkar National Merit Award Scheme 2020 is being awarded to the students belonging to the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (ST) by Dr. Ambedkar Foundation, an autonomous body under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment. Under this scholarship scheme, a one-time cash award is provided to the meritorious students of ST/SC. The main objective of this scheme is to recognize, promote, and financially assist the commendable students through Dr. Ambedkar National Merit Award Scheme.
Dr. Ambedkar National Merit Award Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- To be eligible for this merit award, students should belong to Scheduled Castes (SC) or Scheduled Tribe(ST).
- Awards are separate for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
- The students must have obtained minimum 50% marks in aggregate in Secondary School Examination (10 Class) in any of the recognized State/ Central Board of Secondary Education.
The Ambedkar National Merit Award will be given to three students scoring highest marks in the regular Class X level examination conducted by the Education Board/Council which will be separate for SC and ST.
The selected candidates will be awarded a one-time grant as per the following norms: –
- Student securing highest marks would be provided with Rs.60, 000/-
- Student securing 2nd highest marks would be provided with Rs.50, 000/-
- Student securing 3rd highest marks will be given Rs.40, 000/-
- Girl student securing highest marks (In case she is not in the above three categories) will be provided with Rs.40, 000/-
Selection Criteria for Dr. Ambedkar National Merit Award Scheme
- The Board or Council conducting the examination shall send details of the students such as name, address, percentage of the mark, school last attended, nearest bank, etc.) in the given format to the Ambedkar Foundation within 15 days of the announcement of the examination results, with a copy to the Secretary, Education Department of the concerned State Government.
- The information should be duly authenticated by the Secretary of the Board/ Council.
- The State Government shall verify and forward the list to the Foundation within the next 15 days, provided that if details are not received from the State Government within the Scheduled time, action will be taken based on the details received from the Board/ Council.
- Award amount shall be sent to the student awardees directly in the form of an Account Payee Bank Draft by registered post under intimation to the Board/ Council and the educational institution last attended.
LIST OF BOARDS/COUNCIL
- Andhra Pradesh Board of Secondary Education, A. R
- Board of Secondary Education, Assam
- Bihar School Education Board! Bihar
- Goa Board of Sec. and Higher Secondary Education! Goà
- Gujarat Secondary Education Board, Gujarat
- Haryana Board of Education, Haryana
- HR Board of School Education, Himachal Pradesh
- J&K State Board of School Education, Jammu & Kashmir
- Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board. Karnataka
- Kerala Board of Public Examinations, Kerala
- Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education, MR
- Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary, Maharashtra
- ManipurBoardof Secondary Education, Manipur
- 14 Meghalaya Board of School Education, Meghalaya
- Mizoram Board of School Education, Mizoram.
- Nagaland Board of School Education, Nagaland
- Orissa Board of Secondary Education, Orissa
- Punjab School Education Board, Punjab
- Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education. Rajasthan
- Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education, Tamil Nadu
- Tripura Board of Secondary Education, Tripura
- UP Board of High School & Intermediate Education, UP.
- West Bengal Board of Secondary Education ALL INDIA BOARDS.
- Central Board of Secondary Education
- Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations
- National Open School.
More information==> Click here
Read also: [PMRF] Prime Minister Fellowship Scheme for PHD 2020-21