Doctoral studentship for Ph.D. students:- The Department of Political Science is currently seeking qualified and motivated individuals for up to four (4) Doctoral Studentship positions in Political Science 2023 to pursue a Ph.D. program and applications for the same are invited by the University of Gothenburg.
The aim of doctoral (Ph.D.) students is for the doctoral (Ph.D.) student to acquire the knowledge and skills to be able to conduct autonomously research within political science and contribute to the development of knowledge within the discipline through the production of a scholarly thesis. A doctoral (Ph.D.) studentship in Political Science 2023 is expected to conduct research and to contribute to the development of knowledge within the discipline.
Doctoral studentship for Ph.D. students 2023 Political Science University of Gothenburg
The University of Gothenburg is a University in Gothenburg, Sweden’s second-largest city. The University is the third oldest among current Swedish universities and with 47,500 students and 6400 staff members, it is one of the largest universities in the Nordic countries.
Last Date: 4th February 2023
Course Level: Students are available to pursue a Ph.D. program.
Study Subject: Students are awarded in the field of Political Science
Eligibility Criteria for doctoral (Ph.D.) studentship in Political Science 2023
- a degree at the second-cycle level (MA level, or equivalent),
- at least 240 higher education (university) credits, of which at least 60 must be at the second-cycle level, or
- largely equivalent knowledge acquired in other ways in Sweden or abroad.
Doctoral studentship 2023 Political Science Benefits :
- Doctoral Studentship positions in Political Science 2023 will be given four (4) years of duration.
- It is carried out on a full-time basis unless there are acceptable reasons to the contrary (minimum 50%).
- The position may include departmental duties, such as teaching, corresponding to up to 20% of a full-time post over the course of study. If such tasks are carried out, the duration of the appointment will be extended accordingly.
Application Process for Doctoral (Ph.D.) studentship University of Gothenburg
Applicants can apply for Doctoral Studentship positions in Political Science 2023 to pursue a Ph.D. program through online mode.
Please register your application electronically under ‘Online Application’. To be considered complete the application must include:
Required Documents :
=> An introductory letter of 1000 words maximum (approx. 2 pages), preferably shorter. The letter should consist of four paragraphs in the following order:
- a short presentation of yourself.
- a short presentation of your merits,
- a short presentation of the intended research project and a short account for why the Department of Political Science and/or the doctoral studies program is of interest to you.
=> Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications (if applicable).
=> One writing sample. Normally, this would be a master’s thesis, but it could also be a revised version of the thesis, or another paper, article, or book chapter for example or equivalent work.
=> A description of the intended research project indicating the applicant’s research interests and planned focus area of his/her thesis and research. This must be in 2500 words maximum (approx. 6 pages) including abstract, excluding bibliography.
=> Verified copies of academic transcripts and evidence of other relevant qualifications, if applicable.
=> Applicants may be asked to provide recommendation letters later on in the process. If so, we will contact you during week 12-13 and ask you to provide two recommendation letters. So you may get in touch with two persons who may write a recommendation letter for you.
Note: It is necessary to submit an electronic copy of all documents in PDF format.
For further information, please contact:
Mikael Persson, Director of Graduate Studies
Tel. +4631-786 4146
Lena Caspers, Research Administrator
Tel. +4631-786 2792
Official Website: Click Here
Read Also: Fulbright Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships 2023-22