CBSE Udaan Programme 2020-21-: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) under the support of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt of India is presenting the online applications to provide free of cost study materials, lectures, tutorials, tablets to the girl students under the ‘Udaan’ program for the year 2020-21. The girls who are enrolled in class 11 in any government of any recognized Indian Board or CBSE affiliated private school or KVs or JNVs.
Under CBSE Udaan, students are provided with a tablet pre-loaded with study material and virtual weekend classes to help them with the preparation of admission test to various premier engineering colleges across the country. Students interested in applying for CBSE Udaan 2020 for Class 11th & 12th can read all the required information about CBSE Udaan Application Form, eligibility and selection process in the article below.
Note – CBSE Udaan scholarship application form will be available from August 2020.
CBSE Udaan Programme 2020-21 for Girls-
There are various reasons for the start of Udaan Scheme:
- The scheme is launch to increase the number of girls enrolment in the renowned technical / engineering institutions.
- To reduce the gap of teaching between school education and engineering entrance exam.
- To inspire female students for technical education.
- To grow learning depth at the senior secondary level.
Eligibility Criteria for CBSE Udaan Programme-:
- Female candidates should be an Indian citizen residing in India.
- Girl students who are studying in class XI with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in government schools of any recognized Indian Board or CBSE affiliated private school or KVs or JNVs are eligible for the Udaan program.
- To be eligible an applicant should have at least 70% marks in aggregate and 80% marks in Science and Mathematics in class 10.
- They should have obtained a minimum CGPA of 8 and a GPA of 9 in Science and Math.
- The candidates’ family income should be below Rs. 6,00,000 per annum.
- Reservation as per JEE (Advance)
OBC (NCL)- 27%, SC- 15%, ST – 7.5%, PWD- 3% of seats in every category:
- The selection of candidates will be done on the basis of Merit and will be considered against the city chosen by the candidate for the weekly virtual contact classes.
Key Features of CBSE Udaan Programme 2020-21-:
- 1000 girl students will be selected and the program of mentoring will be performed for these students for admission in premier centrally funded engineering colleges/ technical institutes in India.
- All the selected female candidates will be provided free of cost tablets, tutorials, lectures and study material.
- Students will be given helpline in order to enhance learning.
- Periodic counseling will be provided to guide students and parents.
- Financial assistance will be given in the form of admission and tuition fee to students with minimum 75% attendance in assessment during Udaan classes and getting admission into IITs/ NITs / other centrally funded engineering colleges/ technical institutes.
How to Apply for CBSE Udaan Programme 2020?
The willing and eligible candidates need to read the Udaan brochure first. Afterward, to apply go to the official website http://cbseacademic.nic.in/ for Online application
- First of all, fill the Application Form for Udaan.
- The application form will appear. Fill it up providing your personal, educational and other details.
- Upload your photo having signature at the bottom by clicking on Upload “Photograph”
- Take a print out of the filled-in application form.
- Take a print out of the Verification certificate which has to be verified and signed by the Principal of your school.
- The undertaking can also be printed from the website which is needed to be signed by a parent of the candidate.
- Applicant’s confirmation certificate need to be print out
- Click on Download Declaration Form
Submit verified application form, verification certified, undertaking and applicant’s confirmation certificate along with the below mentioned documents to the city coordinator of the city center as chosen by the applicant.
- Annual income certificate
- Mark sheet or grade sheet of class X
- Reservation certificate if applicable
- Take an application receipt from the city coordinator after submission of all documents and application forms.
Official Website-: cbseacademic.nic.in
- Contact Details :
- Address: Central Board of Secondary Education, Shiksha Sadan, 17 Rouse Avenue, New Delhi 110 002
- Phone No: 011 – 23214737
- Email ID: email@example.com
Download: CBSE UDAAN Book 2020