PM Scholarship 2023 for CAPF & Assam Rifles -: To benefit under the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2023 (PMSS 2023) by the Government of India, dependents of such police personnel who have been martyred during the academic year 2023-24 and subsequent terrorist / Naxal attacks under the state service have also been included. The amount of scholarship provided in this scheme has been increased from 2250 to 3000 per month for girls and 2000 to 2500 rupees per month for boys.
PM Scholarship 2023 Central Armed Police Forces
Under the PM Scholarship Scheme 2023 for CAPF & Assam Rifles, the police personnel belonging to the state, Central Armed Police Forces, dependents and widows of Assam Rifles personnel, who are martyred during terrorist / Naxal attacks, will be able to get the benefit of this scheme. Eligible beneficiaries can apply from the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) website to get the benefit of this scheme.
The Modi government took an important step for the martyred soldiers and their families for the country, which will benefit not only the families of the soldiers but also the widow and their children of the martyr. Applications have been accepted for the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme of CAPF and Assam Rifles 2023. The scheme is for the children of widows of CAPF and Assam Rifles of Central Armed Police Force, which is provided for technical and vocational education.
A total of 2000 students are to be selected under this scholarship, which will include 1,000 boys and 1,000 girls. The selection for the scholarship will be based on preference. The first preference will be given to the children of widows of martyred soldiers in military action, the second to the children of disabled persons in military operations and the third to the children of martyred soldiers killed during official actions. Fifth priority will be given to the children of the soldiers who received the gallantry awards and the children of the soldiers serving the sixth preference.
Covered Courses List
Only the first professional degree courses such as BE, B.Tech, BDS, MBBS, B.Ed, BBA, BCA, B.Pharma, B.Sc (Nursing, Agriculture, etc.) are duly recognized by the relevant government regulatory bodies, such as Council of Technical Education of India (AICTE), Medical Council of India (MCI), University Grant Commission (UGC).
Details of professional degree courses applicable to PMSS are mentioned in the detailed guidelines
Scholarship for Integrated Courses – PMSS is limited to first professional degree courses only. This is applicable for B.Ed. but not for BA + B.Ed, not for LLB but also BA + LLB. In the case of Integrated ME / M.Tech / M.Pharma, the scholarship will be given for the initial three / four years as the case may be.
Bank Account Details
- Aadhaar number linked to bank account is mandatory.
- Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria and apply under PMSS must have an active and valid account in any nationalized bank having Electronic Clearing System (ECS) / Core Banking, from which the scholarship amount is directly transferred to their account Can go
- In case of a minor account, the same should be converted into a principal account.
For this scholarship, one can apply online on the National Scholarship Portal https://scholarships.gov.in/. The last date for application will be in October 2023 for this academic year.
Eligibility & Amount
- The amount for each girl’s education has been increased by Rs 2250 to Rs 3000 per month, which will be Rs 36000 per year.
- For boys, this amount has been increased from Rs 2000 to Rs 2500, which will be Rs 30000 per year.
- Wards/widows of deceased CAPF and AR personnel have died in harness/election duty, wards of disabled personnel due to reasons responsible for government service and wards of former CAPF and AR personnel in receipt of Gallantry Awards.
- Ex-serviceman and ward/widow of serving CAPF and AR personnel. (Personnel below officer rank)
- Engineering, Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary, BBA, BCA, B. First professional degree program in the field of Pharma, B.Sc (Nursing, Agriculture, etc.), MBA and MCA, etc. as per the guidelines. Para 8 (B).
- Minimum 60% marks in minimum entry qualification (MEQ) ie 10 + 2 / Diploma / Graduate or equivalent in case of a new applicant. Or for applicants applying under the renewal category, it is mandatory to pass each subsequent academic year of the vocational courses they are pursuing with a minimum of 50% marks.
- One year grace period only for cases where there is a delay on the part of the candidate to apply for renewal of the scholarship
Order of Preference
Applications received from eligible applicants under the new category will be shortlisted based on the order of priority as mentioned below and the percentage of marks obtained by them is in MEQ: –
|Category -A||Wards/Widows of CAPFs & AR personnel killed in action.|
|Category-B||Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel disabled in action|
|Category-C||Wards/Widows of deceased CAPFs & AR personnel died for causes attributable to Government service including casualties during the conduct of Election.|
|Category-D||Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel disabled while in service with disability attributable to Government Service.|
|Category-E||Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel in receipt of Gallantry Awards.|
|Category-F||Wards of Ex- CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR).|
|Category-G||Wards of serving CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR) subject to availability of scholarship.|
|Category -A||Wards/Widows of CAPFs & AR personnel killed in action.|
- Compassionate appointment of spouse in CAPF will also be considered for scholarship under “A” to “F” to the wards of deceased CAPF/AR personnel as per their preference.
- There will be no rank restriction for the categories ACE.
- To give PMS under the category “F” and “G” under the local rank of Ward, CAPF and AR of Assistant Commandant (who are not filing salary benefits of Assistant Commandant and not attracting the salary of Inspectors). Are also eligible for
- This scholarship is acceptable for only two children per family and should be ensured by the beneficiaries as well as the concerned CAPF and AR.
- The applicant is eligible for PMSS irrespective of his marital status.
Duration of Scholarship
One to five years (depending on the duration of the course being adopted by the applicant, approved by the relevant regulatory body).
The following documents in the respective category are compulsorily required to be submitted/uploaded by the applicant for applying under PM Scholarship 2023 for CAPF & Assam Rifles : –
- Fresh application form through the online registration in National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
- Service certificate to be issued by the HOD in the case of personnel serving in the prescribed format
- Applicants are compulsorily required to upload the scanned copy of the marksheet of Tenth and MEQ, along with the following certificates apply.
- PPO / Discharge Certificate / Book (Mandatory for Category A to F)
- Disability certificate (compulsory for category B and D)
- Death certificate (mandatory for category A and C)
- Certificate of Bravery Award (Mandatory for Category E)
- For renewal
- Service certificate to be issued by the HOO in the case of personnel serving in the prescribed format.
Not Eligible for Scholarship
The following classes of exclusion applicants are not eligible under PMSS 2023 for CAPF & AF-:
- Applicants who do not belong to the A to G category mentioned under column 4 (order of preference). PMSS is for uniformed / combat CAPF and AR personnel wards/widows. Wards of civil servants similar to CAPF and AR are also not eligible under this scheme.
- Applicants pursuing professional courses through correspondence/distance education.
- Applicants are receiving the benefit of other scholarship schemes/ stipend and financial assistance.
- Applicants had already availed of scholarship under PMSS.
- Applicants pursuing courses such as diplomas courses, except MBAs, MCAs, for first vocational courses do not proceed to award degrees or pursue master’s degree programs.
- Applicants have not applied under UGC Act in their college/institute/ university or not recognized by AICTE or approved by NBA accredited course (for engineering degree courses) or Medical Council of India (for medical degree courses) Is not.
- Applicants studying abroad.
- Changing the course/college by the selected student and obtaining fresh admission in the subsequent academic year will lead to rejection of his / her scholarship.
PM Scholarship Central Armed Police Forces CAPF & Assam Rifles Apply Online
Applications for PM scholarship have been made online only. Here is a step by step guide to apply for the scholarship –
- Visit the official website of KSB or National Scholarship Portal (NSP) online.
- After reaching the KSB scholarship website, click on the “Register” button for your PMSS registration.
- Now a PMSS application form will open on your window, you have to fill all your details correctly.
- After filling all the details in the form, click on the Submit option given at the end of the window.
- Once you submit the registration form, you will receive an automatically generated link on your registered email.
- Click on the link to verify your email.
- Once your email is verified, visit the official website of KSB again.
- Click “PMSS login” to complete the application.
- Fill all the required details.
- Upload a scanned copy of all supporting documents.
- Finally, apply.
Check Scholarship Status
PM Modi has launched the PMMS Scheme to promote Ex-serviceman benefits by providing good education to his children. If someone had applied for a scholarship under the PMSS scheme, he can check scholarship status through these given steps.
- Either you can check your scholarship status by KSB login on the KSB website or you can check the status after clicking on the link given below.
- You are shown your application details and verification code on the screen. After this click on the search button and submit your application.
Check This Also => PMSS 2023 List of All Scholarship Schemes