- 1 A. P. J. Abdul Kalam PG Fellowship 2020 Online Application Process
A. P. J. Abdul Kalam PG Fellowship 2020 Online Application Process
President A. P. J. Abdul Kalam PG Fellowship 2020 is started in the memorable honor of President A.P.J. Kalam who was a strong advocate for young people and a passionate supporter of clean energy and energy independence.
Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam has visited the University of South Florida (USF) in 2012 and is remembered affectionately by USF and the vibrant Indian heritage community in Tampa Bay, Florida. The University of South Florida announced a fellowship in honor of former President Missile Man APJ Abdul Kalam on 17 December 2015 in his name. One award will be offered each academic year. The online applications for President A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2020 is invited by the Indian students.
- Announcement of A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship: 15th October 2019
- First, apply for a graduate program through the USF Graduate Admissions Office, receive a university ID, and then apply for the Kalam: 1st December 2019 to 3rd February 2020
- Last Date of Kalam Application: 3rd February 2020
- Public announcement of winner: 1st May 2020
Eligibility Criteria APJ Abdul Kalam Fellowship 2020
<=> President A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship is given to those students who are graduated from or is about to graduate from an Indian University and is seeking to pursue a Ph.D. degree in the following subject/discipline at the University of South Florida:
Field of Study for Indian students for University of South Florida:
- Applied Anthropology
- Applied Physics
- Business Ph.D. programs
- Cell Biology, Microbiology & Molecular Biology
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Integrative Biology
- Marine Science
<=> The applicant must have exceptional academic credentials and a passion for the STEM fields of study.
<=> Applicants must demonstrate experience in his or her discipline, research productivity, and professional contributions and achievements to the field.
A. P. J. Abdul Kalam PG Fellowship 2020 Benefits Award :
- The University of South Florida will provide the following benefits to the selected candidate :
- Waive all tuition for a total of up to four years
- Contribute a stipend of $22,000 that is payable in three installments of $8000 each in the fall and spring semesters and $6000 in the summer semester.
- Along with waiving tuition fees, A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship covers Health Insurance and Other Fees.
- The total stipend amount will be payable by USF once the winner of the President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship at the University of South Florida is enrolled at the university for his/her first term,
- All other costs (e.g., airfare, housing at USF, etc.) will be bear by the selected candidate themselves.
Application Process Abdul Kalam Fellowship
- To apply for President A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship, first of all, the applicant must have submitted a USF Graduate application and established a university ID number at the USF Graduate admission portal.
- Once admitted to USF the awardee will obey all USF regulations, processes and procedures and all applicable law.
- After completion of the online application, candidates must scan the following materials and all should be email to [email protected] in one composite PDF.
- Files submitted in .jpeg will not be accepted.
- The brief letter outlining your interest in the Fellowship and your proposed area of study.
- Curriculum Vitae including your current occupation, your academic and professional experience/achievement and evidence of scholarly activity
- Statement on intended research for your Ph.D. degree under the Kalam Fellowship
- Two letters of recommendation on academic and/or professional letterhead
Official Website: Click Here
Read Also: IIM Ranchi Post Doctoral Fellowship 2020-21